_Doug_

November 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,159 posts in this topic

7 mins ago, fshng2 said:

Never thought to do it like that thanks for the help.

dropper loop is pretty easy to learn as well.  Lots of videos out there to teach you.  Effective and makes it easy to change the teaser without any extra tackle. 

7-11pm MOCO think I just missed the bite. Had one on the first 10 min then nothing. Think I might switch to my OC spots for the rest of the season. Alot closer to me. 

Oh yeah, guy next to me caught a squad on his tesser, open beach, never seen that before. 

3 hours ago, JimK said:

Moco out front 6 pm - 9 pm.. decent amount of action and there was some decent sized bait in tight to the beach.  Maybe bigger p-nuts or maybe herring?.. caught 6 bass  24 - 27 inch range.. most caught on school bus bomber.. but the largest ate a teaser.  Lost several others.. they seemed to be a bit non committal about the way they hit the plug.. The ones I landed were not firmly hooked.  All fish hit tight to the beach, right in the wash.

I could of posted this, almost like a clump of seaweed hit your line.  Maybe they're too gorged, these were some fat footballs.

4 hours ago, Hammerz said:

I could of posted this, almost like a clump of seaweed hit your line.  Maybe they're too gorged, these were some fat footballs.

Same thing for me. A few of my fish, hook dropped out as soon as I got em on the beach. Also I’m guessing what JimK

felt/ saw bait wise was hickory shad? I was getting them on teaser in every cast, had to take off teaser to catch any bass.

today looks like a nice one, but can’t get out: family stuff. Maybe I’ll try tonight but it’s been a daytime bite for me recently. 

7 hours ago, SnoozeFishing said:

7-11pm MOCO think I just missed the bite. Had one on the first 10 min then nothing. Think I might switch to my OC spots for the rest of the season. Alot closer to me. 

Oh yeah, guy next to me caught a squad on his tesser, open beach, never seen that before. 

I've been hitting MoCo pretty hard as well even though I'm from OC and have my spots.  Think it's time for me to start going back to OC also. 

Short morning before work, figure I would get a session in since the weekend might be blown out.  Landed only one before first light, and had three others on that came undone.   Not used to that, guess I need to be better on the  hook set.   Swirls on top and occasional flips out of the water.   Thought it was going to really turn on, but no.   I did have my chances though 

never noticed the prominence of the lateral lines on this one, looks like stitching 

D9EBBE9E-535A-4A66-9CCD-84176C7CAC23.jpeg

A512DED4-A99F-48A6-BA2F-02A981A8DF0C.jpeg

Yesterday afternoon MoCo, 30 min. Heard of the bite going on NoMoCo but spoke to another guy and he said another bite was going on closer. I should've just went to NoMoCo. End of outgoing tide, steady S wind. Bait close to beach but happily swimming. Bunch of guys working the area. 1 guy caught a fluke and another picked a bass. Skunk.

40 min MoCo this AM. No wind, flat ocean and surf. Water not as clear. Spread out birds working, some diving way out. White swimmer, storm sand eel, glider...skunk.

Hopefully I'll have better luck over the weekend.

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 0:07 PM, Local24 SSP said:

back to the same spot last night, a few more on those all hype scabelly mini bottles:freak:   

You shut your mouth.  Those plugs are all hype damn you!  :scream:

46 mins ago, Jimo95 said:

I've been hitting MoCo pretty hard as well even though I'm from OC and have my spots.  Think it's time for me to start going back to OC also. 

I agree. There are no fish in Monmouth county at all. Please stay in Ocean county. LOL

Ahhhh..............OC is finally open for business.

Throw those Ava's....fish caught this AM spittin' up 7" sand eels.....beautiful thing.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

35 mins ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Ahhhh..............OC is finally open for business.

Throw those Ava's....fish caught this AM spittin' up 7" sand eels.....beautiful thing.

Not in the land of beach pumping :banghd: such a waste of time. According to google earth 11/19 there was a jetty right where i was standing last night...i disagree