_Doug_

November 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

612 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

IBSP, got there during outgoing, couple of fluke on AVA.

About a mile out there was a flotilla of boats, counted about 25, all sizes; and birds going crazy.

Edited by Daylight

Just got in from the beach, MoCo. Incoming tide, with some wave action. No wind. Landed three at 23", 26", and 27". Quite a few other hits. Bite died at dark. Didn't see bait, but the 27" had a loaded belly. All fish on MC55s white swimmer. Line snapped on one of my casts and I lost my favorite teaser and a small swimmer. Hands stayed relatively warm. Back out in the a.m.

4 hours ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Posted 2hrs. ago......watch your stuff.

DM:

"I was parked in lot J at Sandy Hook yesterday. I have a soft cover with a lock down mechanism on the bed of my pickup.
Someone forced the back of the cover open, breaking the lock to see what I had inside, (nothing).
Just a heads up".

This should be a sticky post in the forum .. Need to make everyone aware , thanks Biggie..

20 hours ago, Mr.Belmar said:

As far as cold hands go... IMHO I don’t think there is an answer... mine are always frozen. When it gets real cold, I use a pair of my old neoprene surfing gloves. Still cold. Saw today at horrible freight they had some nice “cold weather work gloves” thick wool with the rubber dipped palm, 2.99. I’m gonna try them. Sorry, I don’t have a VS so idk about casting with one with gloves.... I got my reel like 30 years ago from a polish kid named Irish Greg 

Someone else mentioned wrapping your metal metal reel with electrical tape. Very good idea. I had this stuff called “silicone self fusing tape” that works awesome! It’s thicker, rubbery and no sticky residue. Make sure to follow the directions, you have stretch it. Works on all kinds of stuff, I used it to seal up a torn ball joint boot on my truck... 

840A6FE7-18E4-4F35-9D8A-0E660C63C922.jpeg

I use a similar self cling product called camo form wrap.  It helps on these freezing mornings.  Easy to take off at the end of the season and doesn't leave a residue.  One roll lasts several seasons and its pretty inexpensive.  It comes in several different colors.  I'm not a big fan of gloves but when I do wear them - its the old wool army issue gloves.  Cut the tips off the thumb and index finger so I can have some dexterity to swap out plugs/tie knots etc.   Wool will still insulate even when wet.  But when you get in the 20's or teens there not much you can do to keep your hands warm.

camo form.jpg

Edited by GJohnson

19 hours ago, UncleJohn said:

MoCo 3:30 PM to 8:00 PM  33 degrees and dropping to 27    NW winds  10 - 15    Walked out to see some birds working about 200 yards out.       They came within casting range once or twice but I didn't get any bites on my diamond jig..   After the sunset and before moon rise  I picked up a short 22 inch Striper on one of my teasers.   A little while later after the moon came up I switched to a mag darter and hooked the fattest shad I have ever seen...        Switched again to SS LN Popper and caught a fluke.    Switched back to the Mag Darter and picked up another Striper on the Teaser and then later caught another Striper on the Mag Darter.     All Stripers around 22 to 23 inches.    

Striper1.jpg

Fluke.jpg

Shad.jpg

Striper2.jpg

Are you rigging your teasers on a dropper loop in front of the lure? (Just trying to learn the sport...thanks)

11 mins ago, GJohnson said:

I use a similar self cling product called camo form wrap.  It helps on these freezing mornings.  Easy to take off at the end of the season and doesn't leave a residue.  One roll lasts several seasons and its pretty inexpensive.  It comes in several different colors.  I'm not a big fan of gloves but when I do wear them - its the old wool army issue gloves.  Cut the tips off the thumb and index finger so I can have some dexterity to swap out plugs/tie knots etc.   Wool will still insulate even when wet.  But when you get in the 20's or teens there not much you can do to keep your hands warm.

camo form.jpg

How you get the stink off after the 2nd outing? :laugh:  I tried similar products vet wrap / bandage wrap etc. Usually, by end of day 1, it's already smelling ripe. lol

1 hour ago, Qwik said:

This should be a sticky post in the forum .. Need to make everyone aware , thanks Biggie..

Everyone needs a dashram. 2 channel front and rear. Night vision. Parking mode. Your welcome.

Edited by adams54

13 mins ago, adams54 said:

Everyone needs a dashram. 2 channel front and rear. Night vision. Parking mode. Your welcome.

They’ll steal that too :)    I have one myself.   It’s required equipment driving in philly. 

SoMoCo this evening, incoming tide. Not much life visible but finally broke the skunk.  Landed 2 around 24" as it got dark, one on a black bomber, one on a green teaser.  Lost one and had one jumping rat that I let unhook itself.  

1 hour ago, hobobob said:

How you get the stink off after the 2nd outing? :laugh:  I tried similar products vet wrap / bandage wrap etc. Usually, by end of day 1, it's already smelling ripe. lol

Cant be worse then the waders or other gear I have in the back of the suv.    At least the rod can go on a roof rack and be aired out. :p

To be honest this stuff is kinda rubbery (not really a cloth type material) and if you rinse off your gear when you get home it doesn't seem to retain any fishy smell.