_Doug_

November 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

614 posts in this topic

I 100 percent believe guys on here when they say they were able to dial into the fish when those around them haven't. Who hasn't sat on a fluke boat with dudes getting nothing and you're killing it? Some times it is right time, right place. There's probably a few wise guys on this site that constantly produce while the rest of us skunk. That doesn't mean we need to argue and feel bad about ourselves here boys. I get to go once a week and I can only do what I can do in that limited window. Always remember that every little change can make the difference, even chunking. Leader length, sinker weight, the way the bait is hooked, the leader material. Some days everything works, and some days you need to figure it out.

I was on a boat with my brother who didn't catch anything on a fluke trip last year. About an hour before he called it, he started using my backup rod with yellow braid (I HATE yellow braid by the way!) And started to catch. He was convinced it was the braid color, but I was using dark green on my primary rod. It was the rid that changed. He just wasn't in the strike zone with his other rig!

Anyways, got the yard cleaned up. Sticks and leaves gone and grass mowed, patio furniture moved to the basement and all the Halloween stuff put away. I'll be dialed into fishing as much as God allows me to until it's time to clean the yard for the final time this year in a few weeks. Tight lines and God bless!

Went out front, MC. West winds/low tide/heavy fun waves breaking on sand bars. Lots of surfers. Water brown but not a heavy brown. Nothing caught. No bait that I could see. 

4 hours ago, Theseeker66 said:

Im not talking about casting for 15 minutes.  What im saying is how did you know you were presenting a lure in the right way? Because it caught right?

So when i guy with no practical experience goes out, throws everything in the bag, at different depths and retrieve speeds, catches nothing.  That guy learned nothing.  Because a spot that should hold fish no longer does.  

Then he does it again and again with the same result.  

Everyone i know learned from someone or already has confidence im their spots or techniques.

You can't learn to find a fish when there's hardly any fish. 

Besides,  you said with half dozen other guys around throwing Ava's right? Sounds like they chased a report to start casting in that spot.

Sounds like youre talking about me.....it is sad...

Posted (edited) · Report post

Just got out from a surf sesh this evening until dark.  No Moco.  Wind slacked off alot and surface conditions like sheet glass.  There was a lot of bigger bait and some good size swirls just outside the break.  Tide was low.  Having some dinner now and heading back out with the pole for the incoming.  

Edited by Slickwillie0000

Was out front moco this afternoon 4-6:30 pm (beginning of the incoming tide) strong WNW wind, water was chocolate milk with some debris but a nice rolling surf and lots of guys surfing . . Managed one bass at about 25-27" and one around 22", both caught on a 6" white swim shad on a moderate retrieve . . Had a lot of bumps and missed a few good hits . . Did try mixing it up throwing BT, bomber, sp and mag darter but they wanted the swim shadSnapchat-1664708403.jpg.54fb63e94357302fe5631cf2b33f0677.jpg20191101_171028.jpg.33ee437701b598183cee29df4bdb49e6.jpg