_Doug_

November 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

612 posts in this topic

41 mins ago, Whortleberry said:

I must respectfully disagree. There are fish around, just need to figure them out. I caught 11 in 1 day last week with half a dozen guys around me. It took me 3 hours in that one area before I could consistently catch them.  It wasn't that I was on a specific cut or school of bait it was because I figured out in those conditions where the fish might be feeding and how to present a lure to them in the most effective way.  Guys came out, bombed their green tail Ava-17s out as far as they could for 15 minutes, because the reports probably said that was the hot bait, caught nothing and left. Every day is different. This site is loaded with info for the newcomers. If its instant satisfaction they're after they should buy a good set of binoculars, fill their tank with gas and cruise the coast looking for the blitz.

Im not talking about casting for 15 minutes.  What im saying is how did you know you were presenting a lure in the right way? Because it caught right?

So when i guy with no practical experience goes out, throws everything in the bag, at different depths and retrieve speeds, catches nothing.  That guy learned nothing.  Because a spot that should hold fish no longer does.  

Then he does it again and again with the same result.  

Everyone i know learned from someone or already has confidence im their spots or techniques.

You can't learn to find a fish when there's hardly any fish. 

Besides,  you said with half dozen other guys around throwing Ava's right? Sounds like they chased a report to start casting in that spot.

Posted (edited) · Report post

26 mins ago, kurazy kracka said:

20-25" fish for a fall run is pathetic

You mean 12" to 25" :D

This same crap happened last 2 years.  I'll be surprised if we get a push of any decent fish close to shore this year. 

The dinks are fun when they are thick and you have a light rod with you. But i guess if you live at the beach and fish every day it would get old in a week

Edited by ridenfish

33 mins ago, FishingmaniYaks said:

Last year you had to have over 20 that one day man. Man I will never forget those days. To have over two dozen in three hours from shore is rare. We were treated well. Made up for the loss of blues and weak fall run last year. This year is just that slap in the face reminding us that days like those we need to embrace like our fathers telling us of what the fishery used to be as well.

Yeah, it was ridiculous. I remember 3 or 3 casts.  That never happens with Albies. And that morning in the dark there were monster blues around. 

3 mins ago, Theseeker66 said:

Im not talking about casting for 15 minutes.  What im saying is how did you know you were presenting a lure in the right way? Because it caught right?

So when i guy with no practical experience goes out, throws everything in the bag, at different depths and retrieve speeds, catches nothing.  That guy learned nothing.  Because a spot that should hold fish no longer does.  

Then he does it again and again with the same result.  

Everyone i know learned from someone or already has confidence im their spots or techniques.

You can't learn to find a fish when there's hardly any fish. 

Besides,  you said with half dozen other guys around throwing Ava's right? Sounds like they chased a report to start casting in that spot.

So does the guy who follows the surf report from face book and etc,  what does he learned?  Always check face book report first before going out? You should have been here yesterday? Diamond jig with green tails only?   True, you cannot catch what's not there, but when you put you time in, skunk or not, you'll learn something, soon or later, you'll know WHY the fish is there.  I am not talking about just walk up to any beach, stayed in one spot and keep flocking empty water till the cows comes home.   That's not fishing, that's casting practice.

I rem catching 20 cookie cutter 22-25 in bass 1 week before Xmas last yr.

if we do get a new wave of ‘keepers’ this will be the month.. if not- it’s over 

just may have to jump on a boat once to get my fix before January