_Doug_

November 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

607 posts in this topic

Fished hard last night and this morning, I was snagging peanuts on my bomber last night and thought it was going to be a great bite, wrong.

total results after 7 hours - 2 shorts and one decent fish that hit my swim shad in the lip, took a nice run and popped right off.

back at it later today.

11 hours ago, codyk35 said:

OC out front for just a hour. nothing on the ava w/ teaser or TA popper. dogfish destroying the baited bunker. had some cut lines, assuming that was the dogfish swallowing the hook and chewing the line?

hmmm..  perhaps were you fishing near a guy know as Bob the Garbage Man??

1 hour ago, DeeMonee said:

Gave it another shot yesterday afternoon out front NoMoCo where the bite was the other day. Looked like a bunch of guys/girls had the same idea. Skunk. Birds working out of range. The only excitement was a Big One breached about 20-30 yards from the beach heading south. Sight casted but nada. I kept looking south to see if one of the guys was going to hook up but it never happened. No one caught while I was there.

30 min this AM out front MoCo. Light NW wind, flat ocean and surf, water seemed a little stained. Same story here. Lots of life, sea gulls feasting on bunker on the beach, heavy heavy bird activity way out in front. 

I had same experience as you, got the call the day before, missed it b/c i had to work, was there most of yesterday, and the scene was nuts, lots of people standing around and not one fish caught.. 

12 hours ago, codyk35 said:

OC out front for just a hour. nothing on the ava w/ teaser or TA popper. dogfish destroying the baited bunker. had some cut lines, assuming that was the dogfish swallowing the hook and chewing the line?

My daughter and I were out last weekend in OC and lost a couple blues on bunker in between the doggy catchin'. One felt real nice. Could have a been one or even a dogfish rolling up on your leader

First cast well before sun up had fish on.  Had high hopes at that point which just did materialize.  Only other hit this morning was a fluke that held onto the swimmer and let go at my feet.  Didn't see any bunker this morning or any other food source to pull in any fish.  NW wind flattening things out and as DeeMonee said it did look a little off color in spots.  Looking at my logs, last year this was just about the time things started to pick up so lets hope history repeats itself.  Back out this evening.

Went out last night from 6-8pm in Southern Monmouth county. Great water, outgoing tide and the front moving thru with light rain. Threw the bag and did not get a tap. Very disappointed 

7 mins ago, islesdan said:

Went out last night from 6-8pm in Southern Monmouth county. Great water, outgoing tide and the front moving thru with light rain. Threw the bag and did not get a tap. Very disappointed 

Instead of throwing the bag, try throwing plugs next time!

credit:

@nam1969

12 hours ago, chitala383 said:

Highly doubtful, unless you weren't paying attention and letting them stay on for 10 minutes before you tried to reel them in. They really don't have teeth that can cut through a line easily.

dont think they were sitting long if at all. did get one that was all tangled up though so maybe thrashing about. hows that 10' suzuki? i just ordered one and i cant wait to check it out on 1oz n under.

1 hour ago, Mr.Belmar said:

hmmm..  perhaps were you fishing near a guy know as Bob the Garbage Man??

Didnt see him but i was fishing with larry the plumber......

20191101_174726.jpg

1 hour ago, MC55 said:

First cast well before sun up had fish on.  Had high hopes at that point which just did materialize.  Only other hit this morning was a fluke that held onto the swimmer and let go at my feet.  Didn't see any bunker this morning or any other food source to pull in any fish.  NW wind flattening things out and as DeeMonee said it did look a little off color in spots.  Looking at my logs, last year this was just about the time things started to pick up so lets hope history repeats itself.  Back out this evening.

Mike,

The old first cast curse strikes again! It's a cruel tease that the fish gods have perfected.

Maybe I'll see you out there later today. Been getting them in the same spot as the other night.

Bob

On 11/6/2019 at 3:31 PM, Frugal Fisherman said:

WASHINGTON – U.S. Sens. Robert Menendez and Cory Booker (both D-NJ) announced a grant providing $1.95 million in federal funding to the Borough of Avalon to aid in repairs to the Eighth Street jetty as a result of Winter Storm Jonas, a record blizzard that dumped more than three feet of snow on parts of New Jersey in January 2016 and caused severe erosion and flooding along the shore.

As of last week, they were pumping sand from the rips outside TI with the tube running the sand to fill in the southern side of that Jetty.  

1 hour ago, wellman324 said:

As of last week, they were pumping sand from the rips outside TI with the tube running the sand to fill in the southern side of that Jetty.  

Jonas my ass. That naturally erodes there and all time with moderate nor’easters. Built millions dollar wall to protect dozen inlet front homes facing northeast. Now they are constantly repairing TI bridge probably result of energy from tides increased from rock walls.