_Doug_

November 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

612 posts in this topic

22 mins ago, Eeeeels said:

This is what sets apart report chasers from the guys/gals who just go out and fish. 
Start in an area and learn it. Wind, tides, bait, moon phase and learn it, learn it learnt it
It cant always be blitz on! 
Get out there and learn and for heaven sakes keep your frigging light off while your casting.

Drives me crazy

not too sure how that is at all relevant to this thread?  There was nothing about any of that in this thread.

7 mins ago, Goldy said:

Oh, one more thing

Nov 1st, end to albie fishing off the surf

What a bummer after the last two years. I was really looking forward to them since the Striper fishing in the surf sucks unless you like catching dinks.

Got 2 and dropped two one day and that was it for me, but I'm an hour plus drive away and don't get to fish a lot.

Fished OC from sunup until just a short time ago. Hard west wind and brown water. Not a tap. Saw some birds diving offshore but couldn’t see any bunker splashing.

30 mins ago, Eeeeels said:

This is what sets apart report chasers from the guys/gals who just go out and fish. 
Start in an area and learn it. Wind, tides, bait, moon phase and learn it, learn it learnt it
Get out there and learn and for heaven sakes keep your frigging light off while your casting.

Drives me crazy

Nailed it!

3 hours ago, Goldy said:

Season's over, pack it in

It was a good run but with all the shorts around you know it's over.  Last day of fishing will be the fling next week.  Sad times

1 hour ago, Eeeeels said:

Drives me crazy

Tough for new people to learn.  You can learn how a plug moves in the water. What speed with what current,  depth, etc. But damn hard to try and pattern anything when no fish are around.  Unless you go where everyone else goes,  then might as well check the reports

6 hours ago, _Doug_ said:

It’s a new month, let’s get this started!

If you're going to do this _Doug_ then post the rules of the report thread . . . try editing your post.  Otherwise, new people will come on here and post specific locations, pictures of specific spots, etc.  That happens even when the rules are posted.

28 mins ago, cartopper said:

If you're going to do this _Doug_ then post the rules of the report thread . . . try editing your post.  Otherwise, new people will come on here and post specific locations, pictures of specific spots, etc.  That happens even when the rules are posted.

rules were meant to be broken, Doug is a rebel!

20 mins ago, Theseeker66 said:

Tough for new people to learn.  You can learn how a plug moves in the water. What speed with what current,  depth, etc. But damn hard to try and pattern anything when no fish are around.  Unless you go where everyone else goes,  then might as well check the reports

I must respectfully disagree. There are fish around, just need to figure them out. I caught 11 in 1 day last week with half a dozen guys around me. It took me 3 hours in that one area before I could consistently catch them.  It wasn't that I was on a specific cut or school of bait it was because I figured out in those conditions where the fish might be feeding and how to present a lure to them in the most effective way.  Guys came out, bombed their green tail Ava-17s out as far as they could for 15 minutes, because the reports probably said that was the hot bait, caught nothing and left. Every day is different. This site is loaded with info for the newcomers. If its instant satisfaction they're after they should buy a good set of binoculars, fill their tank with gas and cruise the coast looking for the blitz.

2 hours ago, ridenfish said:

What a bummer after the last two years. I was really looking forward to them since the Striper fishing in the surf sucks unless you like catching dinks.

Got 2 and dropped two one day and that was it for me, but I'm an hour plus drive away and don't get to fish a lot.

Last year you had to have over 20 that one day man. Man I will never forget those days. To have over two dozen in three hours from shore is rare. We were treated well. Made up for the loss of blues and weak fall run last year. This year is just that slap in the face reminding us that days like those we need to embrace like our fathers telling us of what the fishery used to be as well.

26 mins ago, Whortleberry said:

I must respectfully disagree. There are fish around, just need to figure them out. I caught 11 in 1 day last week with half a dozen guys around me. It took me 3 hours in that one area before I could consistently catch them.  It wasn't that I was on a specific cut or school of bait it was because I figured out in those conditions where the fish might be feeding and how to present a lure to them in the most effective way.  Guys came out, bombed their green tail Ava-17s out as far as they could for 15 minutes, because the reports probably said that was the hot bait, caught nothing and left. Every day is different. This site is loaded with info for the newcomers. If its instant satisfaction they're after they should buy a good set of binoculars, fill their tank with gas and cruise the coast looking for the blitz.

20-25" fish for a fall run is pathetic

Cmon, some of the best surf fishing in NJ in recent years has been in November. No one remembers the Mantaloking Thanksgiving Blitz of 2016?  I'll be out there tonight, nothing better to do :p

1 min ago, kurazy kracka said:

20-25" fish for a fall run is pathetic

I agree. The bigger fish schools are obviously offshore, adult bunker oriented, and from my logs, this has progressed over the years, but If 20-25" are what's around from the sand then that's the target.

I enjoy catching them from the surf regardless.