_Doug_

November 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,159 posts in this topic

Fished out front  moco lunchtime busting bunker just out of reach. Bunker were being harassed. Moved south 3 to dark got 2 20 “ on wonderbread sp. Just before dark some bunker exploded in range but were chased away real fast. Saw pods of bunker all day .

20 mins ago, Birdsnest said:

MoCo. First outing this year, this 24 inch guy was angry, didn’t want to lose. Fluke was a nice size.  
Tsunami sand eel and a teaser

64A38169-1389-4C81-840B-D533D6B338A2.jpeg

78B0D413-DBAD-448D-9CF7-0847BC6B3A75.jpeg

Dude nice fluke!!! I miss those flat fish already!

Edited by hurricane1091

8 hours ago, Lagerhead said:

Hey Suds, keepers are being caught by boats. In your opinion, do you attribute the lack of keepers to the beach buildup?

Yes 100% !!

Haven’t been able to get out much. Work has me all buckled up.

tides look good for tonight where I wanna fish 

Hopefully I can get to the shop and get some snakes before they close.

eeeeels

5a-7:30a moco. Small rollers, decent white water and birds working intermittently out of casting distance. Water gin clear but no bait and not a tap. Couple other guys workin and no one seemed to hook up from what I can see. 

22 hours ago, FunkyBunker said:

I will have to agree on at least one big body of fish going by so far. Last Monday ran into a guy who is retired and fishes multiple times a day. I was told the week before there was a bite in the surf late mornings to dusk. His best day was 17 bass, mostly schoolies, but a few keepers in the mix. Unfortunately for me those hours don't agree with my work schedule and i've been way too busy with life over the past few weeks to get any evenings or weekends in. Checked my log this morning and last year i didn't have much going on until November 17th. so still could be a chance at something, but i don't know if I have it in me this year to lose sleep over 18"-20" fish. It's all outgoing tide for me this week so hoping for better luck for next weeks incoming. 

The only two I caught this season have been first 2 hours of out going.

Well, it's been a real quiet week for me. Lot's of life out there. Tons of birds diving out of range. Clean clear water and all I'm getting is shad.

Yesterday afternoon got a call about a bite out front NoMoCo. Unfortunately, by the time I got there it died down. Guys lined up and when I was there nobody caught.

This AM for 30 min, out front MoCo, middle of outgoing tide, SW wind. Better moving water today with more suds. There were about 4 guys working south of me. I didn't see them pull in anything. Spoke briefly to one of them and they didn't catch anything either. Might get out again this afternoon.

On another note, I just saw The Link article on the beach replenishment that will start in MoCo. It said 3 stretches will be replenished on a routine basis on an average of every 6 years. However, it didn't mention when it will start. Does anyone know?

Full skunk this morning.  Couldn't get even a touch from the hickories.  Nowhere near as much bunker showing this morning as yesterday.  A few pods here and there with a few boats on the chase, but never saw any fished pulled in.  Conditions were right, just nothing around along the beach.  Going to be brutal out there in the morning with the wind chill in the 20s.  Let's see if that moves some fish into the area.  Some nice color early today.

DSCF2861.JPG

Edited by MC55

12 mins ago, DeeMonee said:

Well, it's been a real quiet week for me. Lot's of life out there. Tons of birds diving out of range. Clean clear water and all I'm getting is shad.

Yesterday afternoon got a call about a bite out front NoMoCo. Unfortunately, by the time I got there it died down. Guys lined up and when I was there nobody caught.

This AM for 30 min, out front MoCo, middle of outgoing tide, SW wind. Better moving water today with more suds. There were about 4 guys working south of me. I didn't see them pull in anything. Spoke briefly to one of them and they didn't catch anything either. Might get out again this afternoon.

On another note, I just saw The Link article on the beach replenishment that will start in MoCo. It said 3 stretches will be replenished on a routine basis on an average of every 6 years. However, it didn't mention when it will start. Does anyone know?

What a complete joke. I just saw the article. Those areas have a frickin SEA WALL, to BLOCK any effing water that gets over the ****** sand they put down. The beaches are HUGE there in those places they mentioned, it is a COMPLETE waste of money. Absolutely ridiculous. It is astonishing how much money gets wasted doing this. Those beaches where a sea wall is present SHOULD be a one and done deal cause THEY DONT NEED IT!!!!!

Edited by linesiderdemdnj

12 mins ago, MC55 said:

Full skunk this morning.  Couldn't get even a touch from the hickories.  Nowhere near as much bunker showing this morning as yesterday.  A few pods here and there with a few boats on the chase, but never saw any fished pulled in.  Conditions were right, just nothing around along the beach.  Going to be brutal out there in the morning with the wind chill in the 20s.  Let's see if that moves some fish into the area.  Some nice color early today.

DSCF2861.JPG

absolutely beautiful