mlaurino88

West end 2 jetty now off limits

Rate this topic

239 posts in this topic

just watched them put this up today. First time posting couldn’t figure out how to rotate the image. Rip WE2 jetty

8AD37CA5-14CC-4D94-AE3E-96AAA2FC5FBF.jpeg

Edited by TimS
I rotated it by saving it to my phone and rotation in :-)

Last time I fished a NY rock pile, I got a summons to a Queens court. I was told there was a "keep off" type sign...""didn't you see it?".... Good thing I didn't get caught there overnight or smoking my cigar or taking a leak. Cost me couple hundred bucks and the drive to Queens, Lord help me. Should have gone chunking whilst there. Never again.

We'll need to get someone on this. Think this won't effect you if you don't fish that area? think again.  1, the people got displaced by this sign need a place to fish, so chances are your fishing spot will be more crowded.  2. It sets precedence and other park, town, government will follow to avoid lawsuits. 

The police rarely used to visit west end. I could probably count on one hand the amount of times I’ve seen them patrolling the beach over the years. They kicked me off the jetty two weeks ago but the wind was crazy and they were cool about it.

I seA them standing there like billy goats, with equipment that cuts glass.

8AD37CA5-14CC-4D94-AE3E-96AAA2FC5FBF.jpeg

The most important thing. They're not wearing.

819PzBejWTL._SR500,500_.jpg

Edited by SandSpike1

Wow, that's not good.  Nothing like taking more access away. 

I wonder if it is really because of the person that died a few weeks ago or if it has more to do with what's going on in the parking lot and they are just using that unfortunate incident as an excuse?

Yea, we'll see how long that sign lasts, and how many listen to it. There isn't even a penal code on it, it's likely just there for them to try to avoid liability when the next person gets injured on those rocks.

Well, id post a sarcastic response to this but I know why it was done.  I look forward to blatantly disobeying the "sign" and walking off with this piece as a meaningful memento. 

Keep an eye out, it's happening...just ask the anchor that once belonged to this familure sight.

Screenshot_20191031-183237_Gallery.jpg

Edited by DeepBlue85

I don’t get it takes for a foreigner to die for them to close the jetty? Other men have died in years past on these inlet jetty’s and ive never heard of one being closed before. I’ve fished that pace my whole life this is crazy. 

4 hours ago, Suebert2 said:

Wow, that's not good.  Nothing like taking more access away. 

I wonder if it is really because of the person that died a few weeks ago or if it has more to do with what's going on in the parking lot and they are just using that unfortunate incident as an excuse?

I believe it is. I was walking along the beach there two weeks ago and decided I didn’t want to make the trek and I saw a fellow fisherman coming from the jetty. I asked him how he did and he said he was onto some schoolies but eventually the cops kicked everyone off because of what happened.