Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ghost

I am in a rut

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

I am in rut, I keep reading all these topic about best lure for stripers, #1 lure for weakfish and best atrifical for fluke and I keep typing the same answer "White Bucktail" . I looked around my car, my boat and shop and you know what I see white bucktails. More then 1/2 my rods and there is a bunch of them have white bucktails rigged on them.

Different trailers (pork, curly tails etc) but always white bucktails.

I fished last night and guess what I used? a white bucktail! What a rut

Go buy a yellow, 3 1/2 ounce Gibbs Danny. Hang it off your rearview mirror. Fish the white buckys HappyWave.gif

I remeber takeing rides to Cape may for the spring Weaks in the 80's Guess what the HOT set up was .....White bucktails with purple worm.

Every now and then I toss them and tell my younger friends who we would bang fish all day on them way back when.

hey ghost...is there room in that rut for two??

white bucktails, white rind, white bucktails, white rind.If I'm feeling crazy, white bucktails red rind.

why fix what ain't broke??

I did start turning my own plugs this year, gonna fish the crap out of 'em and see what happens icon14.gif

of course, gotta toss the bucktails first biggrin.gif

That is a rut...if you fish at night frequently, yer missing out by not adding some black bucktails and red, black/red or black/orange Porkers to the rotation smile.gif

TimS