DeepBlue85

ASFMC ARE FRAUDS

Rate this topic

119 posts in this topic

You're all frauds who have no regard for the actual well-being of the striped bass fishery.  You're all part of a political/financial circle jerk representing a dollar value the head of a fish represents, you've done your real constituents, those you've left far behind, a huge injustice.  You're corrupt and disingenuous and the continued overfishing (the real issue at hand) will continue because of you're knowing and intentional negligence.  

Edited by DeepBlue85

11 mins ago, DeepBlue85 said:

You're all frauds who have no regard for the actual well-being of the striped bass fishery.  You're all part of a political/financial circle jerk representing a dollar value the head of a fish represents, you've done your real constituents, those you've left far behind, a huge injustice.  You're corrupt and disingenuous and the continued overfishing (the real issue at hand) will continue because of you're knowing and intentional negligence.  

umm, yeah.  Been that way for a long time.  

29 mins ago, DeepBlue85 said:

Well ove followed you on 3 threads now. You seem to be irate about the new regs. What do you think they should've done. Also what's your relationship to fishing?  Do you make money off it? 

Deep Blue, you are a 100% correct , they made this decision once again knowing there is only a 50% chance it will work, "which it wont" because there are no numbers calculated in for the amout of poaching going on. The only thing that will save this fishery is to go back to a moritorium , like in the 80's where the fishery snapped back in a few years then they went to 1 fish at 36 inches for a few years ! there own charts show the results . but as stated this is all about politics and money , not the wellfare of this precious resource!!!!!!!!

I sure am bitter, a once 14 year old with little skill, equipment or means to dedicate time toward a persuit which at the time beckoned with possibility;  the fish of a life time was at the end of my next cast and if only in my mind, I still knew those fish then were far more prolific than they've become now.  Fast forward exactly 20 years and the steady accumulation of knowledge, equipment, desire and ability to chase better fish has produced an inverse result where I now catch fewer fish in places I once had, smaller fish in others and in many areas, a complete disappearance.  I'm not a scientist, I make no money off these fish and as such can offer my honest impartial opinion on the actual state of this fishery as I and others like me now experience it.  As iv said in many previous rants, the impact on these fish is largely inaccurate as dead discard, bycatch or outright poaching goes largely unreported and unknown by law enforcement.  The exponential explosion in fishing by inept participants who would gladly throw a gut hooked fish back time after time with the ignorance of indifference.  The technology now available greatly increasing the rate and number of boats and people who can target them.  The secondary assault on the food chain such as bunker, scup and inshore destruction that affect small scale bait presence.  The release mortality is in perfect correlation to these aforementioned details as many small fish congregate in easily accessible areas where they now continue to die at the rate allegedly documented, this new regulation however incentivizes the intentional targeting of these fish thereby abbreviating or outright stopping the future success of year classes.  The slot is wide , but not wide enough to disperse the pressure set upon the fish within it, incentivizing the killing of smaller fish without the blind hope of the mindless and their constant search for more meat on the rack, smaller fish will become primary targets as they are in the Hudson and its ridiculous 18" size and further exposing the fishery to unforeseen fluctuations in recruitment not related to environmental cycles.  And all those big fish everyone claim are safe now, need not look further than the illegal operations that continue throughout their off shore range which as I mentioned, go largely unreported and unaccounted for making the information used to enact this new regulation based on half truths and blind eye convenience. 

The slot system has big inherent flaws and while a 1 @35" regulation in it's own right isnt perfect, it spreads the harvest over an entire range of fish while allowing the vast majority to become large successful multi year breeders before they approach legal harvest thereby ensuring healthy year classes far beyond this decade.

Edited by DeepBlue85

So 

12 hours ago, stripedbassjeff said:

Well ove followed you on 3 threads now. You seem to be irate about the new regs. What do you think they should've done. Also what's your relationship to fishing?  Do you make money off it? 

Unless your a dead end thinker who drinks the koolaid first, what about your thought-out solutions ? Or do you just buy Into what you're told because it's easy not to question uncomfortable realities or things your actually uninformed about?

Y

5 mins ago, DeepBlue85 said:

So 

Unless your a dead end thinker who drinks the koolaid first, what about your thought-out solutions ? Or do you just buy Into what you're told because it's easy not to question uncomfortable realities or things your actually uninformed about?

You answered a question with a question. That still doesn't answer anything. If you don't have your own opinion and facts how can you condemm someone else's.

1 hour ago, DeepBlue85 said:

I sure am bitter, a once 14 year old with little skill, equipment or means to dedicate time toward a persuit which at the time beckoned with possibility;  the fish of a life time was at the end of my next cast and if only in my mind, I still knew those fish then were far more prolific than they've become now.  Fast forward exactly 20 years and the steady accumulation of knowledge, equipment, desire and ability to chase better fish has produced an inverse result where I now catch fewer fish in places I once had, smaller fish in others and in many areas, a complete disappearance.  I'm not a scientist, I make no money off these fish and as such can offer my honest impartial opinion on the actual state of this fishery.  As iv said in many previous rants, the impact on these fish is largely inaccurate as dead discard, bycatch or outright poaching goes largely unreported and unknown by law enforcement.  The exponential explosion in fishing by inept participants who would gladly throw a gut hooked fish back time after time with the ignorance of indifference.  The technology now available greatly increasing the rate and number of boats and people who can target them.  The secondary assault on the food chain such as bunker, scup and inshore destruction that affect small scale bait presence.  The release mortality is in perfect correlation to these aforementioned details as many small fish congregate in easily accessible areas where they now continue to die at the rate allegedly documented, this new regulation incentivizes the intentional targeting of these fish thereby abbreviating or outright stopping the future success of year classes.  The slot is wide , but not wide enough to disperse the pressure set upon the fish within it, incentivizing the killing of smaller fish without the blind hope of the mindless and their constant search for more meat on the rack, smaller fish will become primary targets as they are in the Hudson and its ridiculous 18" size and further exposing the fishery to unforeseen fluctuations in recruitment not related to environmental cycles.  And all those big fish everyone claim are safe now, need not look further than the illegal operations that continue throughout their off shore range which as I mentioned, go largely unreported and unaccounted for making the information used to enact this new regulation based on half truths and blind eye convenience. 

The slot system has big inherent flaws and while a 1 @35" regulation in it's own right isnt perfect, it spreads the harvest over an entire range of fish while allowing the vast majority to become large successful multi year breeders before they approach legal harvest thereby ensuring healthy year classes far beyond this decade.

well said.. good read here. 

27 mins ago, stripedbassjeff said:

Crap, now I answered a question with a question.

I answered the question I knew you would deflect in the response you so predictably elicited so in many ways, I did you a favor.  If you choose to agree with the change then you're well within you're rights to do so, you asked me a question and I answered you with my own, for which you've still neglected to describe an answer in any detail.

Either question,  or both......

Edited by DeepBlue85