Mike

The Dead Fish Pics Thread

Rate this topic

237 posts in this topic

7 mins ago, john1234 said:

Very happy to say these are the last bass I will ever intentionally kill (pics from 2016-2018).......I am not proud of it but it’s how I used to be....Once I started releasing big fish I got a sense of satisfaction I didn’t get before.......I hold the belief that we can’t be advocates for the fishery if we harvest fish, It’s not like it once was and if the new cat’s just starting see us setting the example of C&R only they will likely follow.......Tight lines and I encourage all of you to make the switch as I did and release those Bass! No fillet is worth killing a fish we dedicate our lives chasing........John

FBCBAD06-3C44-4F70-9C19-B3A89114F79F.png

A4FD3D6D-88EB-41EA-957E-3765EEDA0F2A.jpeg

3F9A357F-ADE4-474B-AB8E-10E005964C10.jpeg

ADB30D4F-D725-4A4D-B947-6CD461AE4FAE.jpeg

D4531F12-699D-45AC-B7C0-6A1762AFFC4A.jpeg

You can rest easy in the fact that no big bass were represented in your pics.  Nice fish but nothing that would warrant a hair on fire response from the do gooders.

1 min ago, MitchellNJ said:

You can rest easy in the fact that no big bass were represented in your pics.  Nice fish but nothing that would warrant a hair on fire response from the do gooders.

Just for a reference the boat pic is a fish that went 46” 38 lbs.....That’s big in my book...lol, The other ones are Low 30” fish but they are the only pics I have of fish I’ve killed........I’m 6’1” 250  as well. Anyway if you don’t consider a bass in the NEAR 40 lb class big you’re high with all due respect.....

19 mins ago, john1234 said:

Just for a reference the boat pic is a fish that went 46” 38 lbs.....That’s big in my book...lol, The other ones are Low 30” fish but they are the only pics I have of fish I’ve killed........I’m 6’1” 250  as well. Anyway if you don’t consider a bass in the NEAR 40 lb class big you’re high with all due respect.....

with all due respect, it looks like a 20 pounder :shrug: 

11 mins ago, rocco said:

with all due respect, it looks like a 20 pounder :shrug: 

Def not I got a weight on her but I suppose it’s beside the point all  I was tryna say was let’s help the fishery.....Not have everyone come at my neck ....lol.......But I can assure you those are the measurements, I’m a pretty big guy so it makes my Bass look smaller, But even if you think I’m full of SH** do you agree with my message? The fish in this pic went  16 lbs on my Boga for reference.

4083A77E-5081-453F-85E6-7723D9C774D6.png

Edited by john1234

Just now, john1234 said:

Def not I got a weight on her but I suppose it’s beside the point all  I was tryna say was let’s help the fishery.....Not have everyone come at my neck ....lol.......But I can assure you those are the measurements, I’m a pretty big guy so it makes my Bass look smaller, But even if you think I’m full of SH** do you agree with my message?

John, ignore that undicipled fat bodied crumb bum! 

29 mins ago, john1234 said:

Def not I got a weight on her but I suppose it’s beside the point all  I was tryna say was let’s help the fishery.....Not have everyone come at my neck ....lol.......But I can assure you those are the measurements, I’m a pretty big guy so it makes my Bass look smaller, But even if you think I’m full of SH** do you agree with my message? The fish in this pic went  16 lbs on my Boga for reference.

4083A77E-5081-453F-85E6-7723D9C774D6.png

looks about 8 or 9 #s :why:

and you're using that boga wrong, the fish goes below and you hold the boga above it :dismay: 

i'm glad you enjoy releasing them especially the better fish. i like to keep a mid to high teen size fish once or twice a year. i enjoy the satisfaction of providing a better quality fish for my friends and family than i can find in a store and making a memorable meal from it. i don't keep anything over 20 pounds, unless i underestimate its weight.

what i would really enjoy is for the asfmc to get the stock assessments and regs right so everyone could keep fish or release them, and there would be enough around to keep both kinds of fisherman happy. either that or if no one bothered fishing for the stripers again. 

3 mins ago, rocco said:

looks about 8 or 9 #s :why:

and you're using that boga wrong, the fish goes below and you hold the boga above it :dismay: 

i'm glad you enjoy releasing them especially the better fish. i like to keep a mid to high teen size fish once or twice a year. i enjoy the satisfaction of providing a better quality fish for my friends and family than i can find in a store and making a memorable meal from it. i don't keep anything over 20 pounds, unless i underestimate its weight.

what i would really enjoy is for the asfmc to get the stock assessments and regs right so everyone could keep fish or release them, and there would be enough around to keep both kinds of fisherman happy. either that or if no one bothered fishing for the stripers again. 

It’s not worth the argument on this site I suppose but aside you assuming I’m BS’ing you guys 

or That I don’t understand how a Boga works( which is an insult to my intelligence) I’m on you’re side and I wish we could all keep a fish or two but tell that to the thousands of the canal googs a year and that one cow per angler just turned into a hell of alot of big bass killed.

i honestly don't care how big the fish in your pics are. i'm not into measuring fish, i'm just into catching them. yes, i like to catch bigger ones, but dick measuring contests are pretty dumb.

sorry you thought i was insulting your intelligence with the boga stuff, i was just trying to bust your stones :wee: 

13 hours ago, rocco said:

i honestly don't care how big the fish in your pics are. i'm not into measuring fish, i'm just into catching them. yes, i like to catch bigger ones, but dick measuring contests are pretty dumb.

sorry you thought i was insulting your intelligence with the boga stuff, i was just trying to bust your stones :wee: 

I know I was just playing into it....lol, But on a real not I do need to break the #40 mark.......

22 hours ago, john1234 said:

Very happy to say these are the last bass I will ever intentionally kill (pics from 2016-2018).......I am not proud of it but it’s how I used to be....Once I started releasing big fish I got a sense of satisfaction I didn’t get before.......I hold the belief that we can’t be advocates for the fishery if we harvest fish, It’s not like it once was and if the new cat’s just starting see us setting the example of C&R only they will likely follow.......Tight lines and I encourage all of you to make the switch as I did and release those Bass! No fillet is worth killing a fish we dedicate our lives chasing........John

FBCBAD06-3C44-4F70-9C19-B3A89114F79F.png

A4FD3D6D-88EB-41EA-957E-3765EEDA0F2A.jpeg

3F9A357F-ADE4-474B-AB8E-10E005964C10.jpeg

ADB30D4F-D725-4A4D-B947-6CD461AE4FAE.jpeg

D4531F12-699D-45AC-B7C0-6A1762AFFC4A.jpeg

That last sentence is $.  Well said!