CKjeep84

Bucktail trailers.......

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

There’s literally a million rubber options out there. That being said I stick to curly tail grubs. 3-6”. Or split tail grubs if’n I’m feeling froggy..  

I've caught more on a 4" white curly tail on larger BTs in rivers, inlets with current. 

On smaller BTs in the surf I've been using a rubber worm with a paddle.

Johnny Ks white worm approach, sounds good :)

17 hours ago, DragonsLax48 said:

definitely not just a confidence thing. I have tried and tested this theory and it has been proven too many times. Curly vs straight, long vs short, split vs single, skinny vs fat, color vs white. it mainly depends on what type of spot you are fishing, what the water looks like, and what bait is present.

I dont want to ruin the fun of experimenting but Ill leave the thread with this. When rain bait is ur foliage around jetties with lots of sweep, try a deep split curly tail. Game over, enjoy.

Try playing around with trailers when either youre on a stupid bite or when u know there are fish in front of you but they wont bite.

Certainly agree with all your points. Every applications has its time and place. Have one question for you. It’s not possible to carry every style/color. so if you had to pick only 2 different style trailers for sand beaches/no jetty what are you choosing?

2 hours ago, jsbergen said:

Certainly agree with all your points. Every applications has its time and place. Have one question for you. It’s not possible to carry every style/color. so if you had to pick only 2 different style trailers for sand beaches/no jetty what are you choosing?

Yup.. Keep your backups in the car. I have a few different styles in my bag to start and Ill alter as the night progresses. By seasons end I have some whacky looking trailers in the bottom of my bag.

Open beach I want a sweep with a little float. Last night with adolescent bunker around I started out with long skinny curly. I got bit on my first cast with it but didnt hook it. A few more casts and I couldnt get another bump so I switched to a more sand eel profile with a long straight that I split into a deep split tail and I got a football. They ended up wanting the needle more but its proof to me that the trailer made the difference