coolhandfluke

anyone here use planet fittness ?

Rate this topic

54 posts in this topic

as I am getting older and fatter from sitting on my arse every day at work I was thinking of joining just to use a treadmill to start and maybe lift some weights as time goes. 30 years ago I went faithfully to a gym and lifted every other day.

I see they are running a special 10.00 dollars a month and no fees or contract.  curious if this is really true ? if anyone has used this promo. I have one not 2 minutes from work where I could spend my lunch hour at.

Does anyone here use Planet Fitness?

Based on the averahege BMI at the last fling, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess No.

I have the same plan, there is a yearly fee of something like $40 bucks but you won't have it until next year.  At least that is what I get charged.  $10.66 per month and the once a year fee.  Still cheap enough.  And it would be good for what you are looking to do. 

3 hours ago, coolhandfluke said:

as I am getting older and fatter from sitting on my arse every day at work I was thinking of joining just to use a treadmill to start and maybe lift some weights as time goes. 30 years ago I went faithfully to a gym and lifted every other day.

I see they are running a special 10.00 dollars a month and no fees or contract.  curious if this is really true ? if anyone has used this promo. I have one not 2 minutes from work where I could spend my lunch hour at.

do it and quit drinking all that OJ. 

Not much worse than all of these factory like commercialized gyms like planet fitness and retro.  Everything is the same color (purple) and the lighting is horrble. Can't be good for your mental well being.  FInd a park with a trail, get a new pair of sneaks, and walk/run laps.  Eat sensibly. Has to be better than these gyms.

There is a reason they call it Planet Homeless in and near most major cities.   The cost is so low most homeless and grifters use it as a base and area to shower if they are not too crazy to bother.  I wouldn’t touch anything in there.  

Splurge the extra $4 a month for a retro fitness... that seems to be just enough to keep the riff raft out. 

2 mins ago, crazybellringer said:

I would take it slow slow slow.  I have a guy here that jumped into the gym only to hurt his shoulder the third week. Doing light weight on machines. :why:

You still damaging yourself on the ice?

3 hours ago, coolhandfluke said:

Note that some are franchised & not corporate owned. They may not honor the offer. They're still a good deal for non-muscleheads.