Justinj

Stormr tops and jackets

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

I was my top in the washing machine on delicate, cold water.

 

do not dry it it in machine. You may be able to tumble dry it with no heat but I don’t take the chance. I let it hang in the sun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Umm from the Stormr website. . .under washing instructions. . .

 

This paragraph is about the neoprene core technology, the logo didn't copy:

 

Care of this jacket is unlike normal jackets. Do not machine wash. Do not dry in dryer. Do not dry clean. Use only fresh water and a mild liquid detergent. For highly soiled areas, a soft non-abrasive brush may be used. Hang dry in a shaded area. Care for these products is similar to that of a wetsuit.

VAPR

Close all zippers and pockets, release tension to all elastic draw cords. Hand wash or machine wash in cold and gentle cycle using mild liquid detergent. Do not use fabric softener, conditioners, stain removers or bleach. Hang dry or tumble dry in warm, gentle cycle, remove immediately. Do not dry clean. If needed, iron (warm, no steam) by placing a cloth between iron and garment.

Important: STORMR Products are made from neoprene. If you develop an allergic reaction while using a neoprene product, discontinue use and consult with your physician.

 

 

You're welcome

Edited by Oakman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Gents,  

 

Im a rookie here on the forume, first post! but have been lurking from time to time. Figured I would create an account finally to add some input. 

 

For your neoprene / wetsuit jacket- definitely DONT put it in the washer or dryer- over time it will deteriorate... maybe not the first time, but after a few times. 

 

I have learned this this from many years of wetsuit care for surfing.

 

Hand wash it in cold water. And use “neoprene/ wetsuit shampoo” not regular detergent. Basically let it soak for 20 min then rinse with cold water and soak in clean cold water, then hang dry in your basement. 

 

I have used both both of these and they really work wonders: 

 

 

 

Your new Pal and bff,

 Mr Belmar 

 

 

 

Edited by BrianBM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Mr. Belmar, please don't post links to commercial websites. The house software automatically blocks any post with embedded links. 

 

Most new arrivals don't read the rules, so you're not unique. Please go back and do so.

 

Welcome to our large, dysfunctional and contentious family. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the info Brian and the warm welcome, I will look into the rules. I did try at first, but must have had the incorrect link- it was more focused on correct gear for beginner fishermen... anyways- back to topic: 

 

Try to search for “wetsuit shampoo and conditioner” on amazon or something... I have used McNett, GearAid and O’Neil... they really do a number and the neoprene feels brand new after... you don’t have to really “hand wash”- just soak it for a while in a plastic tub and slosh it around from time to time- then rinse it and hang dry it... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

How are these tops....they're costly and I've read mixed reviews. Was thinkin' of purchasing the Stryker but still a little hesitant...I dunno.

they're awesome, love mine.the only downside is that the neoprene isn't breathable so you can get a little sweaty in warmer weather but other than that its great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

How are these tops....they're costly and I've read mixed reviews. Was thinkin' of purchasing the Stryker but still a little hesitant...I dunno.

I had a couple StormR jackets with mixed results.  The Fusion was not good (and is now discontinued). the newer Aero is very good.  I tried on the StormR at a fishing show and loved it.  it's built like a tank.  it feels like an armored vest that weighs nothing.  I got one a couple years ago and LOVE it.  Despite the neoprene cuffs, it's my every day jacket in the winter.  

 

This past weekend I was out in the surf in some pretty sporty weather...maybe 40 mph winds...spray everywhere...I was as comfortable as if I was in my living room.  It is really great to be in bad conditions and feel comfortable.  Zippers are waterproof, pockets are well-placed, hood fits well and doesn't mess up correct position of glasses when cinched up.  Just an outstanding product.  Not cheap, but the company really stands behind their products with very good service.  Although the black is very cool and stealth, I opted for the safety orange figuring if I am out in conditions that warrant that jacket, it makes sense to be as visible as possible if something happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 mins ago, Goudacuda said:

they're awesome, love mine.the only downside is that the neoprene isn't breathable so you can get a little sweaty in warmer weather but other than that its great. 

Actually I use it for shoveling snow, using snowblower, hard walks on beach...no interior sweating.  it must be breathing a little bit anyway.  But, we are all different.  I don't have a single bad thing to say about the jacket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Oakman said:

Umm from the Stormr website. . .under washing instructions. . .

 

This paragraph is about the neoprene core technology, the logo didn't copy:

 

Care of this jacket is unlike normal jackets. Do not machine wash. Do not dry in dryer. Do not dry clean. Use only fresh water and a mild liquid detergent. For highly soiled areas, a soft non-abrasive brush may be used. Hang dry in a shaded area. Care for these products is similar to that of a wetsuit.

VAPR

Close all zippers and pockets, release tension to all elastic draw cords. Hand wash or machine wash in cold and gentle cycle using mild liquid detergent. Do not use fabric softener, conditioners, stain removers or bleach. Hang dry or tumble dry in warm, gentle cycle, remove immediately. Do not dry clean. If needed, iron (warm, no steam) by placing a cloth between iron and garment.

Important: STORMR Products are made from neoprene. If you develop an allergic reaction while using a neoprene product, discontinue use and consult with your physician.

 

 

You're welcome

Just to be clear...the top info from StormR is for the neoprene stuff, like the StrykR and Typhoon.  The bottom is for is for the VaprTech which is their breathable fabric, like on the Aero.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.