JoeC

Narragansett Surfcasters Surf Day 2020 - New & Used Fishing Tackle Sale

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, levari said:

Are you planning to post the vendor list on your web site? That’s legal...

Yes, we'll go ahead and do that, thanks for the suggestion.

9 hours ago, GP100 said:

Joe, looks like I may miss the show this year. Gotta travel for work the first couple of weeks in Feb. Too bad, I really enjoyed it last year.

We'll miss ya' buddy.  Hope you will find time this trip to do some fishing, looking forward to some great pics.  Safe travels!

Happy to have you join us.  No food trucks, but from our kitchen we'll be serving some of the best clam chowder, clam cakes, chili and hot dogs you ever tasted!!!

On 1/13/2020 at 5:30 PM, levari said:

Are you planning to post the vendor list on your web site? That’s legal...

Check out club's website for more info - www.narragansettsurfcasters.com

Hello Joe,

About how many vendor tables does this show have on a general year, I try and hit a good amount of shows but I always seem to end up at the same events every year. I think I will try and get out to this one this year.

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 1/13/2020 at 6:57 PM, Mack26 said:

Great show, and this year i will have a table selling a ton of FW gear also for you guys who do both. Cheap prices on quality gear. Daiwa baitcasters and spinning reels, and a few Dobyns rods. Tons of new, never opened plastics, hard baits, frogs, etc;. I’ll have a couple of mint Shimano reels too, Gosa 6000sw and Nasci 5000. This is all high quality gear that i want to move. Since i sold my boat, i’m just thinning out my herd completely. Bins of stuff like this to go. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys if you go.

3918F348-BF57-47AB-82C3-6979E5AE5D75.jpeg

Mack- You should do well at this show. South county, RI obviously provides a lot of saltwater fishing opportunity but there are also several OUTSTANDING fresh water ponds and rivers in the county. I scored several FW items at last year's show. And I see a few things in your photo that I would purchase. Hope to see you there!

Edited by Nomad92

Posted (edited) · Report post

19 mins ago, Nomad92 said:

Mack- You should do well at this show. South county, RI obviously provides a lot of saltwater fishing opportunity but there are also several OUTSTANDING fresh water ponds and rivers in the county. I scored several FW items at last year's show. And I see a few things in your photo that I would purchase. Hope to see you there!

Look forward to it bud! I can’t remember for sure, but was it you that i was gonna meet up with at RISSA last year for a Dobyns rod? Maybe not, but if you were, i still have the rod and a few others i’m selling. Hope to do well, and with the stuff i’m selling, there will be some great deals. Thanks!

Edited by Mack26

9 hours ago, FTW401 said:

Hello Joe,

About how many vendor tables does this show have on a general year, I try and hit a good amount of shows but I always seem to end up at the same events every year. I think I will try and get out to this one this year.

Hi,

We'll have 30 tables mixed between new and used tackle.

If you're able to make it, please seek me out and say hello.... I'll be interested in hearing your observations of the show, esp considering you seem to have been to several others.  Hope to see you on the 8th.

Joe

It’s been two years since Fishdoc passed away. In his memory and as a gesture to his wife Anne, a table has been reserved to sell some of his personal gear as well as many remaining Fishdoc Lures.

On 1/19/2020 at 11:56 AM, Mack26 said:

Look forward to it bud! I can’t remember for sure, but was it you that i was gonna meet up with at RISSA last year for a Dobyns rod? Maybe not, but if you were, i still have the rod and a few others i’m selling. Hope to do well, and with the stuff i’m selling, there will be some great deals. Thanks!

Mack- yeah that was probably me for the Dobyns. I ended parking in the wrong parking garage. Spent waaaay too much dough inside the show. And paid $25 or $30 to get my car out of the parking garage. The Narragansett show is much smaller, one simple parking area and I live 5 min away. Bring the rods...they may sell. I'm looking for a casting rod to go wth an SLX I bought on here a month or so back. Not looking to spend too much bec the reel was like $60. But if you bring your sticks I'll check them out. Which model dobyns do you have available? The one we talked about last year. If I can ask....

29 mins ago, Nomad92 said:

Mack- yeah that was probably me for the Dobyns. I ended parking in the wrong parking garage. Spent waaaay too much dough inside the show. And paid $25 or $30 to get my car out of the parking garage. The Narragansett show is much smaller, one simple parking area and I live 5 min away. Bring the rods...they may sell. I'm looking for a casting rod to go wth an SLX I bought on here a month or so back. Not looking to spend too much bec the reel was like $60. But if you bring your sticks I'll check them out. Which model dobyns do you have available? The one we talked about last year. If I can ask....

Yeah i remember we just didn’t connect up. I’m bringing the Dobyns Savvy 734 you were interested in, as well as a few from the Champion Series, and a Lew’s rod that is new, never used. All these rods are in excellent condition. Maybe if you come early, it will still be there and we can do a deal! :)