7th Annual

Surf Day 2020

(New & Used Fishing Tackle Sale)

Saturday, February 8, 2020

9:00 am - 1:00 pm

Narragansett Community Center

Narragansett, RI  02882

Vendor tables are currently available

(please see attached for additional information)

Surf Day 2020 flyer.pdf

10 mins ago, Popasilov said:

That time of the year already

Damn, time flies.

Looks like, every year is passing by faster and faster.

I was thinking the exact same thing; fishing show season is not far away and another year is ending. Where does the time go?

4 hours ago, valentine said:

..... Where does the time go?

Somewhere behind us.

I keep turning around, hoping to see where, but no luck so far.

Only few marks, small path and lots of memories to show that time was passing by.

Edited by Popasilov

Joe, do people sell any freshwater gear here, or only salt? I get that it’s a salt based event, just wondering if it would be worth the effort for a table. I have a bunch of gear since i sold my bass boat.

24 mins ago, Mack26 said:

Joe, do people sell any freshwater gear here, or only salt? I get that it’s a salt based event, just wondering if it would be worth the effort for a table. I have a bunch of gear since i sold my bass boat.

You're correct, I think people come expecting to see saltwater gear.  But on occasion, vendors have mixed in some freshwater items and they sold.  We know that there are saltwater fishermen who also do freshwater, so I think a table of good freshwater equipment at attractive prices could do well.  I don't want to overload the show with tables of freshwater items, but if you want to give it a try I think it would and another dimension to the show that would be positively received.  Tables are $30.

11 mins ago, JoeC said:

You're correct, I think people come expecting to see saltwater gear.  But on occasion, vendors have mixed in some freshwater items and they sold.  We know that there are saltwater fishermen who also do freshwater, so I think a table of good freshwater equipment at attractive prices could do well.  I don't want to overload the show with tables of freshwater items, but if you want to give it a try I think it would and another dimension to the show that would be positively received.  Tables are $30.

Thanks Joe! Maybe some members will chime in and give some feedback.

On 10/28/2019 at 9:27 AM, DEM Parking Lot said:

My favorite show.  You'll never know what you'll there.

Thanks for your kind comments, his will be our 7th annual show.  Club members who conceived and established this event laid a great foundation for continued success. 

Please stop by next February and say hello.

Went to the show last year. Lots of good stuff, some at great prices too. Picked up my #1 topwater plug for the 2019 season for dirt cheap. Great way to spend a winter morning prepping for spring! 

On 10/25/2019 at 1:32 PM, JoeC said:

Save the Date!!!

Narragansett Surfcasters 

7th Annual

Surf Day 2020

(New & Used Fishing Tackle Sale)

Saturday, February 8, 2020

9:00 am - 1:00 pm

Narragansett Community Center

Narragansett, RI  02882

Vendor tables are currently available

(please see attached for additional information)

Surf Day 2020 flyer.pdf

Following is an update on Surf Day 2020 (we are "sold out" of vendor tables):

We will have approximately 20 used equipment vendors offering a wide variety of great saltwater and freshwater gear at very reasonable prices.

* Beavertail Rod and Reel will be accepting reels for maintenance for the 2020 season.

Marty Wencek’s award-winning collection of antique plugs will be on display. 

Great food - clam chowder, clam cakes, chili, hot dogs, beverages

Surf Day has become an extremely popular and well-attended mid-winter event for fishing addicts of all age groups. The $5 contribution at the door (kids under age 14 free) are used to support the club's charitable events such as Kid's Fishing Day, Veteran's Outing, and support for local housing authorities. 

Come join us, if only to share a bowl of chowder w/clam cakes and some of your favorite fish stories with club members.  We hope to see you there!

Edited by TimS
vendor list removed

On 12/24/2019 at 11:25 AM, JoeC said:

Following is an update on Surf Day 2020 (we are "sold out" of vendor tables):

We will have approximately 20 used equipment vendors offering a wide variety of great saltwater and freshwater gear at very reasonable prices.

* Beavertail Rod and Reel will be accepting reels for maintenance for the 2020 season.

Marty Wencek’s award-winning collection of antique plugs will be on display. 

Great food - clam chowder, clam cakes, chili, hot dogs, beverages

Surf Day has become an extremely popular and well-attended mid-winter event for fishing addicts of all age groups. The $5 contribution at the door (kids under age 14 free) are used to support the club's charitable events such as Kid's Fishing Day, Veteran's Outing, and support for local housing authorities. 

Come join us, if only to share a bowl of chowder w/clam cakes and some of your favorite fish stories with club members.  We hope to see you there!

Are you planning to post the vendor list on your web site? That’s legal...

Great show, and this year i will have a table selling a ton of FW gear also for you guys who do both. Cheap prices on quality gear. Daiwa baitcasters and spinning reels, and a few Dobyns rods. Tons of new, never opened plastics, hard baits, frogs, etc;. I’ll have a couple of mint Shimano reels too, Gosa 6000sw and Nasci 5000. This is all high quality gear that i want to move. Since i sold my boat, i’m just thinning out my herd completely. Bins of stuff like this to go. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys if you go.

3918F348-BF57-47AB-82C3-6979E5AE5D75.jpeg

Joe, looks like I may miss the show this year. Gotta travel for work the first couple of weeks in Feb. Too bad, I really enjoyed it last year.