DeepBlue85

Who still fish old run st.croix avid surf blanks (black)

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

One of the best surf blanks ever made in my opinion....they came in two, possibly three weights L m and mh in 10' lengths.  I have one I'm currently rebuilding and looking for a fresh new blank as well; I bellieve the blank was ahead of it's time.  Anyone still fish this  super light, durable and stealthy blank? 

I just had 5 days out east with the 10’ factory casting version of that blank. I ran an Abu 6500 CS mag and a Penn Slammer 3- 4500 spinner on it and it was flawless. Got that rod at the Rockland, NY Sportsman show.

4 mins ago, cheech said:

I just had 5 days out east with the 10’ factory casting version of that blank. I ran an Abu 6500 CS mag and a Penn Slammer 3- 4500 spinner on it and it was flawless. Got that rod at the Rockland, NY Sportsman show.

I need to find another one.....

Bought two of the M version, new factory conventionals on sale for 99 bucks each many years ago at J&H. Stripped both, wrapped one spinning and it still gets used every season, one of my favorites. 

I love fishing needlefish an small bucktails on mine, I have older hardloys so I'm in the process of upgrading to some higher tech stuff.... it really does everything well and super light.