Striper46

Tarpon Trip info??

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Looking to take my kayak south this spring for tarpon, does anyone know a guide in south Florida or keys that runs trips like that? Probably go down for a 4 days of fishing maybe get a guide 1 or 2 days. thanks!

Edited by Striper46

Deep Blue Kayak Fishing runs a couple different types of trips with Tarpon being one of them. I used them this past February and did one day of inshore fishing as well as one day of offshore fishing. Matt and Eric are both very knowledgeable and know the fishery down there very well. From what I remember they said June is the best time to go down because you can go after the tarpon and still have a shot at going offshore for sails etc. I wish I was going down again this year it's definitely a fun trip I'm sure you'll have a great time.

18 hours ago, benellis960 said:

Deep Blue Kayak Fishing runs a couple different types of trips with Tarpon being one of them. I used them this past February and did one day of inshore fishing as well as one day of offshore fishing. Matt and Eric are both very knowledgeable and know the fishery down there very well. From what I remember they said June is the best time to go down because you can go after the tarpon and still have a shot at going offshore for sails etc. I wish I was going down again this year it's definitely a fun trip I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Thx! Where are these located?

9 hours ago, Steve_M said:

I would use deep blue also. I’m going down in June 

Thx! Are you using them? This your first trip? 

I was staying in Jupiter when I went down and we launched within 10 minutes of there for the inshore trip. For the offshore trip I believe we launched from either Delray or Boynton beach.

4 hours ago, Striper46 said:

Thx! Are you using them? This your first trip? 

It will be my first trip with them. And yes I am using them. I’ve heard nothing but good things about them. My daughter lives down in Florida. She’s heard nothing but good things about them. Her husband fishes but doesn’t Kayak fish.I’ve heard nothing but good things about them. My daughter lives down in Florida. She’s heard nothing but good things about them. Her husband fishes but doesn’t Kayak fish. It saves me from having to drive down and bring a kayak. Their prices are reasonable. I called them and spoke with them on the phone. That’s why I picked to go down in June. Look them up online and give them a call. If they don’t answer they will call you back.

I have used Deep Blue for offshore twice. Professional and will always recommend. Check their facebook page and see if they are on Tarpon for the mullet run. That window may be closing soon. Also check out wind apps. They may be able to hide in the canals around the Miami area for Tarpon if the winds are too much. I would highly recommend to check the wind apps available online if you are doing a last minute booking. If it's big Seas and blowing hard out of the NE or E you won't be able to get out there. They are good to have back up plans in the back waters if that happens. Best to be there with light winds if possible.