Idiots and access

Rate this topic

HKJonathan

27 mins ago, Cpalms said:

Buy a boat. Problem solved.

Talk about a waste of money. Bass are crashing. Bluefish are non-existent. What's a weakfish? Tog are worse than bass. 

But there's scup...

ASMFC - Destroying public resources and fisheries one stock at a time since 1942.

Just bought a house on the central NS and boy is access a bitch...        I tried a new NOFO spot last weekend with a long walk to a public park with beach access. It was 4:10AM and there was a town police sitting at the gate waiting for an idot to park.  I thought I was alone, until I get to the end of the rocks and there was 4 savages with LED bars trying to spot crabs....

7 mins ago, Drew C. said:

Talk about a waste of money. Bass are crashing. Bluefish are non-existent. What's a weakfish? Tog are worse than bass. 

But there's scup...

You would not know it with boat sales continuing to be through the roof.

I do agree that shore based angling in the massively overcrowded Northeast will only get more and more miserable.  No wonder in 'mecca'  there is all the room a surfcaster could ask for. Beaches are a fcking ghost town.  At least on a boat you can go fishing when you want and where you want.

The ****** fishing that we currently have, that's the problem. It also makes the spot issue worse. It's all related. The fishing declines but some 'spots' will fish better than others. Reports get out, people flock to what was probably a low pressure spot and it gets burned. If we had a healthy fishery, fish would be spread out and there would be less pressure overall. 

Then factor in the majority of guys out there don't have a clue. I'm talking about the self proclaimed sharpies that think they're the **** because that slay 30s in the middle of the day at the canal. They got used to the low hanging fruit but now that it's gone they don't have a clue and become desperate. All of them would probably piss themselves if they fished in the dark. They now chase reports instead of catching their own fish. 

It's going to get worse before it gets better and better is the developing crash that will get these guys out. 

ASMFC - Destroying public resources and fisheries one stock at a time since 1942.

1 hour ago, C.Robin said:

Sad to see this anywhere, but you know the problem is increasing when it's happening in less populated areas. Just be respectful people, it's really not that hard.

Apparently it is that hard tho. They don’t respect the resource. They don’t respect others. 

it’s the look at me generation. 

3 hours ago, Cpalms said:

Buy a boat. Problem solved.

Plenty of asshats in boats. Dealt with one this weekend while on a drift and a guy pulled up less than 10 yards down-current of me and dropped anchor.   It was close enough to ask him what he was doing in an inside voice. "PEOPLE ANCHA UP HEA, I WAS HEA LAST YEA"  He did not appreciate being called a ****bag.  

I need to remember to avoid fishing on weekends.

Edited by bbfish

The whole situation really stinks.  Locals in the know will be able to find a work around......the jerks from out of town will hopefully have their cars towed.  With all the people who have been there the past couple of weeks, its been frustrating to fish there anyway.  I left during a blitz last weekend because people kept on setting up two feet away from me.  I am not surprised the homeowners got fed up.....I know I was.

1 min ago, steve44 said:

Southold police are now enforcing parking by permit only 

signs at all spots guys are being told to leave or get a ticket 

Tow ‘em. A ticket isn’t painful enough. Coming back to your vehicle gone at midnight would certainly get some attention. 

1 min ago, bbfish said:

Plenty of asshats in boats. Dealt with one this weekend while on a drift and a guy pulled up less than 10 yards down-current of me and dropped anchor.   It was close enough to ask him what he was doing in an inside voice. "PEOPLE ANCHA UP HEA, I WAS HEA LAST YEA"

He did not appreciate being called a ****bag. 

Listen, boats certainly come with their own set of problems - these problems are well documented. My comment was mostly tongue in cheek but serious land based angling in the north east is circling the bowl.  The only people that are interested are few hard core geezers, guys that can't afford boats and the white bucket crew.