DragonsLax48

Megashad

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

Go to the megastrike website and call them. $20/12. The plastic is way better than the ones they were putting out a few years ago. Or make your own :D

IMG_20170524_170319.jpg

IMG_20170603_202917.jpg

NICE @IsmailG 

Regarding the different plastics. Agreed that the old plastic sucks, which is what Im stocked up on, but whoever made them put a dense salt-like mineral in the mix.

If I can figure out how to pour my own safely with minimal mess than I'll do that. How much did the molds cost ya?

2 mins ago, DragonsLax48 said:

NICE @IsmailG 

Regarding the different plastics. Agreed that the old plastic sucks, which is what Im stocked up on, but whoever made them put a dense salt-like mineral in the mix.

If I can figure out how to pour my own safely with minimal mess than I'll do that. How much did the molds cost ya?

I made the molds myself, it was more of a hobby, and like all hobbies they can get expensive lol. I just bought a couple dozen in different colors from the guy Bob that makes them for megastrike and the plastic is much more like the old ones you won't be disappointed.

14 mins ago, IsmailG said:

I made the molds myself, it was more of a hobby, and like all hobbies they can get expensive lol. I just bought a couple dozen in different colors from the guy Bob that makes them for megastrike and the plastic is much more like the old ones you won't be disappointed.

Gotcha, Ill have to order a small batch from Bobby to test them out.

You ever play around with salt/salt substitutes or scents in those molds?

6 mins ago, rocco said:

they look like 10" bkd's. how long?

next to a bucktail, my favorite thing to sling for bass.

I've tried various other plastics including the BKDs and the ms outproduces them all but more specifically the older denser version. Color doesnt matter as long as they have the salt like stuff in the plastic.

Theyre either 9 or 10" and I'll put them on the back of my bucktails or fish them on a jig/swimbait hook. Theyre killer on the bucktails cuz they sink like a rock and but have a ton of float

Nah only thing I've messed with is trying to get the Pearl color I want and glow in the dark. Haven't done it in a while and everything is in storage but plan on messing around again this winter. Can get addicting, I made some forms out of clay and casted molds from them.

IMG_20170603_202909.jpg

Does anybody else have issues/unable to use the megashad jig head with TA clips? Unfortunately, the hole is tool small unless you use the smallest TA clip. How are you guys connecting them?

2 hours ago, DragonsLax48 said:

Gotcha, Ill have to order a small batch from Bobby to test them out.

You ever play around with salt/salt substitutes or scents in those molds?

He has a bunch of new colors as well. Make sure you specify the one w/o the slit. Hate that damn slit, lol.

1 min ago, DonLBI said:

He has a bunch of new colors as well. Make sure you specify the one w/o the slit. Hate that damn slit, lol.

Im curious why you dont like it with the slit

21 mins ago, NJCoast82 said:

Does anybody else have issues/unable to use the megashad jig head with TA clips? Unfortunately, the hole is tool small unless you use the smallest TA clip. How are you guys connecting them?

Never used the hooks that come with those pre-packaged megas. Use a bullet style jig head (long shank) or my new favorite= weighted grub hook, both available from Tinman.