Saltdonkey98

Fluke style soft plastics

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if starting a new thread for this is allowed, if not, delete, but I was thinking while fishing the other day, it seems people mostly only throw bunker or minnow type baits in the surf, but what about the one fish that's almost always around in our surf, the fluke.

https://www.almostalivelures.com/shop/all-tackle/soft-plastic-lures/almost-alive-lures-soft-plastics/flounder

I found this after a quick Google search, and was wondering if anyone has tried this or any bait that mimics a fluke. Surely this would be a good style bait, right? Dragged along the bottom slowly. I've never personally caught a bass with a fluke in its stomach though, which is why I'm starting this thread to see if anyone has anything helpful to say on this theory.

Hogy makes a flounder imitation marketed at striper, cod, and halibut fishermen as well. I've seen them but have never fished one; I'm sure they'd work at some point.

They’ve had fluke style soft plastics out for a good while now. My buddy’s got a homemade fluke made out of a spoon he hammered flat. That things sick. Not sure if he caught anything on it yet. But it looks awesome in the water..