BrianBM

Free LCD monitor.

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Anybody who wants it can have a free Xerox monitor. (There's a free ViewSonic CRT monitor, too, if you want.)  I'm cleaning out my basement.  If no reply, it'll wind up in the electronic waste section of the Brookhaven Town dump later this week. PM for my address.   

Already in my car.  

I tried to give it, a printer, a CRT monitor, assorted speakers, etc., to the thrift shop that supports the local Catholic Church. The stuff worked fine when last used, and it seems wasteful to just discard it.  Guess what? They didn't want it. The thrift shop takes Kindles and laptops, nobody wants anything else. You can't give the stuff away. Five years old and it's so much electronic waste, and the LCD unit is probably six. 

The new printer also scans, photocopies, faxes, and can do so in color, so I don't need the old one. Ah well. 

Drop it off at the town dump.  A local company in Smithtown does the recycling.  The guy that owns it is filthy stinking rich.  He lives in some mega mansion in Nissequogue.  Basically he extracts the gold and precious metals out of e-waste.  Absolutely brilliant.  The mansion is for sale, it has it's own movie theater and indoor pool.