DoorGunner

Kitchen question.

Rate this topic

56 posts in this topic

Watching a few other threads it seems that some on here question if it's masculine or not for a man to be in the kitchen and able to cook. Just curious why. By he way. I grew up watching mom cook and I was her taste tester. Ate more raw ground beef for meatballs and meatloaf than you could imagine. When mom worked in the kitchen she always sang and it was just a great place to be when I was little. Learned a lot sitting there watching and listening. 

Edited by DoorGunner

Because some here are unsophisticated troglodytes who married too young to too ugly just so they could be assured of being fed.

Edited by FrankStar

I can't cook, just never learned how, often wish I had the desire.

But, I can tell you, there are plenty of guys on here that are not scared of the kitchen at all. Go to any fling or gathering and you'll quickly figure that out...

Now I want a togcake

I cook every Sunday for the week, dinners. Wife, cleans up the mess. We also food shop together every Sunday morning.

Edited by rdbass

I couldn’t care less what others think. I like to eat and want it to taste good. Even if I found a nice lady that can show me up in the kitchen, I’ll still cook some nights. 

To dgs story, I grew up fortunate to still have my great grandparents around. Straight off the boat from Italy. Before Sunday family dinners I’d sit in the kitchen with my great grandmother, she’d pour me a little glass of dego red and I’d dunk her homemade bread in it while she had me test the sauce, meatballs and sausage. Her daughter, my grandmother was ruined by Americanization so it skipped her generation, but luckily my mom picked up her cooking from my great grandmother and kept us fed and happy. 

14 mins ago, FrankStar said:

Because some here are unsophisticated troglodytes who married too young to too ugly just so they could be assured of being fed.

:wave: I'm on that list. That's why I got married. :howdy:

I cook everything outdoors. Grill, griddle, smoke. I'm not allowed to use the kitchen unless she's not home. :laugh:

Nothing wrong with knowing your way around a kitchen. I just never had any much desire to. My wife is way too good for me to try.

4 mins ago, bospa357 said:

:wave: I'm on that list. That's why I got married. :howdy:

I cook everything outdoors. Grill, griddle, smoke. I'm not allowed to use the kitchen unless she's not home. :laugh:

Nothing wrong with knowing your way around a kitchen. I just never had any much desire to. My wife is way too good for me to try.

Yeah you are, she married too ugly.  

As I stated in the other thread, I make the mess/dinner, wife cleans up the mess/after dinner.

I also do the food shopping on sunday mornings at 6.30am

during the winter months, we cook together on weekends as our kids no longer live home. we make things interesting .oven is on. the heat is on. we both wear aprons  on top of our birthday suits. sometimes she accidently gets cookie dough on her chest and so on...………….

Edited by coolhandfluke

45 mins ago, DoorGunner said:

Watching a few other threads it seems that some on here question if it's masculine or not for a man to be in the kitchen and able to cook. Just curious why. By he way. I grew up watching mom cook and I was her taste tester. Ate more raw ground beef for meatballs and meatloaf than you could imagine. When mom worked in the kitchen she always sang and it was just a great place to be when I was little. Learned a lot sitting there watching and listening. 

Nothing wrong with men being in the kitchen long as they don't wear an apron

The kitchen was the hub of activity in our house growing up as it is in many houses. People were always coming and going. We ( 6 kids) were encouraged early on to learn how to cook, at least well enough to keep yourself fed.  Every person ( M or F ) should know to cook a handful of basic recipes. An omellette , spaghetti, a decent salad, chili, roast chicken etc. My wife is a phenomenal cook, much better than me but we share the cooking duties down the middle. I'm the "grillmeister" and she handles the more ambitious stuff. I worked a lot in restaurants as a kid and most of the best cooks and all of the head chefs were men. Its expensive to eat out all the time and hard to eat healthy, unless you have someone willing to cook for you all the time. Doesn't sound like a fair deal to me. I learned how to cook because I love to eat. As to the masculinity of knowing how to cook, as Mulvaney said " get over it"

I learned to cook helping my mother and lived by myself 15 years before I got married. Her mother was a terrible cook who had a few things she made that were good. I do almost all of the cooking.