The Riddler

Mahomes Knee injury

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Wonder if it was a dislocation than a torn ACL? Its really gonna suck if he is out from a competition stand point. 

27 mins ago, The Riddler said:

Wonder if it was a dislocation than a torn ACL? Its really gonna suck if he is out from a competition stand point. 

Forget competing. He'll be lucky to have a leg to stand on.  Supposedly his docs are considering amputating it.

pretty sure they already confirmed it was a clean dislocation, popped it back in last night.  be back in 3 weeks maybe 4.  was such a weird injury never seen a qb get hurt like that on a 1yd sneak.

Patella dislocation......kneecap slides laterally.

Patella dislocation refers to when the kneecap is completely displaced out of its normal alignment. The most common direction for a patella to dislocate is outwardly (laterally). When this happens, the muscles and ligaments on the inside of the knee become overstretched and damaged.

KC's next few games as scheduled.....Packers, Vikings, and the Titans.

1 min ago, flylikabird said:

Everyone blows a tire somewhere on all levels of this sport......it's a MFer!

That's a little more than a blown tire.  

Just sayin.

LEMME put it this way, so it's clear.....I meant everyone and I mean .......98.9999% mess their knees up in this sport.

It just the nature of the beast of this sport on all levels from Pee Wee to the NFL.   

1 hour ago, flylikabird said:

LEMME put it this way, so it's clear.....I meant everyone and I mean .......98.9999% mess their knees up in this sport.

It just the nature of the beast of this sport on all levels from Pee Wee to the NFL.   

Seems to be more common with QB that scramble and run. ( yes I do realize it was a qb sneak).

Dislocated knee cap he could be back in a few weeks, 3 for example,not sure when the bye week is. Getting the knee cap back is the easy part, the ligaments and tendons, now stretched becomes the issue for knee stability.

50 mins ago, flylikabird said:

He'll be fitted with a brace.   Probably wearing right now as we speak.

Yep - even when he returns he’ll most likely wear a brace which would affect his mobility which is a huge part of his game.  

1 min ago, Riverboat33 said:

On the bright side, this should give his ankle time to heal.

That's a brilliant plan by Andy Reid!