JerseyMike609

Saltwater Waders!

Rate this topic

102 posts in this topic

I've had bad luck with waders and Sims are a little out of my budget, I'm looking to spend about $200 on stocking foots.Ive been looking at "Cadis Northeast","Hodgman H5", "White River Montauk" and a couple pairs of Frog Toggs can anyone help me out?Sry to make another waders post but I've been on the fence for a couple months now and with the temps dropping my leaking waders aren't gunna cut it.Thanks!

I have had Frog Toggs for 6 season now. Just started to leak at the stocking foot. $100 for 6 seasons, the couple of years not as much fishing as normal, but still a good product. Comfortable, light, good zipper and Velcro pocket inside. I would buy again.

I’ve done well with my Redington Palix  Rivers (3+ seasons). Think they’ve been replaced with the newer Escape that are right @ $200. The Palix Rivers are still widely available and are around $135 depending on size. They’re well made and comfortable

5 mins ago, fishnbear said:

I’ve done well with my Redington Palix  Rivers (3+ seasons).

Yea I found these on a really nice discount in the bargain cave at the local cabela's.  Going into my fourth or fifth fall with them & have only made a few aquaseal repairs after my crotch got a little damp this spring.

Those hodgmans suck. Two pairs, neither one made it 1/2 a season without a leak in the crotch. And I'm not a big guy wearing tight waders either. The taped seams always peel up, the and booties on the last pair leaked as well. Spend your money elsewhere.

I have a pair of Cadis I just got this year off Amazon.  They are listed as Caddis Men's Attractive 2-tone Tauped Deluxe Breathable.... yadda yadda.  They do what they need to do, fit me fine and didn't break the bank at $110.00.  Longevity I can not speak to, initial quality is very good...

1 hour ago, Nite_Bite_00 said:

I have had Frog Toggs for 6 season now. Just started to leak at the stocking foot. $100 for 6 seasons, the couple of years not as much fishing as normal, but still a good product. Comfortable, light, good zipper and Velcro pocket inside. I would buy again.

Would you buy the same exact ones?If not what Frog Toggs would you go with this time?I bought hip boots from them and they are the best hip boots I've ever seen.Thanks!

1 hour ago, fishnbear said:

I’ve done well with my Redington Palix  Rivers (3+ seasons). Think they’ve been replaced with the newer Escape that are right @ $200. The Palix Rivers are still widely available and are around $135 depending on size. They’re well made and comfortable

Thanks,I'll check them out.I have read a couple post where Redingtons where recomended.

1 hour ago, cartopper said:

LL Bean Emergers are around $180 . . . but definitely stay away from freshwater waders.

Is it ushualy listed if they're recommended for salt or not?

45 mins ago, ThrowinPlugs said:

Those hodgmans suck. Two pairs, neither one made it 1/2 a season without a leak in the crotch. And I'm not a big guy wearing tight waders either. The taped seams always peel up, the and booties on the last pair leaked as well. Spend your money elsewhere.

Thanks,were they H5s?

9 mins ago, JerseyMike609 said:

Is it ushualy listed if they're recommended for salt or not?

Don't believe they differentiate between salt and fresh.  Was having some fun with you, I have a pair of the Emerger stocking foots and they had a small leak after 2 years, Bean replaced them and this is after they implemented the 1 year policy.  

18 mins ago, JerseyMike609 said:

Would you buy the same exact ones?If not what Frog Toggs would you go with this time?I bought hip boots from them and they are the best hip boots I've ever seen.Thanks!

Definitely. I like them a lot. Best waders I ever had.