spinydogfishking

Poor penn reel repair service

7 posts in this topic

I am really disappointed with penn reel repair. My torque bail screw fell off due to no locktite being applied by penn. So I mail it in for service over 3 weeks ago and I have not been contacted by penn. I was told service would be in about 2 weeks. I have called 3 times and have been told by customer service you are in queu and will be contacted soon. This is ridiculous. I would like to use my reel before winter comes. Shimano returns my reels to me within 2-3 weeks and that is shipping it across the country to California, not shipping it from bucks county to Philadelphia. I am very frustrated and disappointed by this utter lack of customer service. Please help!!

sent them an e-mail two weeks ago about a repair question.  Got the usual: "Thanks for your inquiry, we'll be in touch."  Nothing since....nada....zip....zilch....

Hopefully not a trend.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

Serge,

Our backlog is greater than normal this time of year, your order was just completed and will be invoiced today.  We don't Loctite the bail arm screw, it has a patch that is baked on. Expect a phone call today from our billing dept.  Sorry for the delay.

tony

Edited by PENN Fishing

spinydog,

none of my business i guess, but i gotta say that tony has given me ridiculously good service/help over the years and i probably should not say the following because i do not believe in internet sniping but why would you send in a reel for a missing screw ? if you had pm tony he probably would have sent you one for free. surely you could have effected this repair yourself in less time then it took to start the thread

12 hours ago, mark d said:

spinydog,

none of my business i guess, but i gotta say that tony has given me ridiculously good service/help over the years and i probably should not say the following because i do not believe in internet sniping but why would you send in a reel for a missing screw ? if you had pm tony he probably would have sent you one for free. surely you could have effected this repair yourself in less time then it took to start the thread

X2,,,,yes the bail screw always backs out on me on all my reels,,,,:laugh: except the 706,,,,but you got to watch that it's all about fishing ,,,,,,,:)