BrianBM

A Crisis of Conscience

75 posts in this topic

A member PMed me today to recommend a visit to Smithtown Toyota and salesman Christopher Malerba. I did ... probably will see him again tomorrow, and put money on the table. But there is a moral issue here, and I will consult with the gang.

Look over any of my research threads. Some informed answers, but the ones that concern me are all the moaning-and-groaning posts, crap or get off the pot. There are posters here who have been happily complaining about my posts for the past year. What will become of them if I actually buy something? They'll have nothing to complain about. Am I exposing them to depression? Will their lives lack purpose? 

I value your opinions.  Assuming I buy something, should I carry on researching as though I haven't, for the happiness of those posters?

Apropos of which, the new 4runner is to appear next year. All details are totally, totally under Toyota wraps. Chris thinks that Toyota might go to a unibody design. That would be a heck of a change.

In the here and now, the vehicle - this will be a new build straight from Japan, it's not on the lot - is a Toyota 4x4 Off-Road. I want the KDSS suspension, the usual off road package. The way Toyota packages options, I can't avoid a sunroof or high-end audio, and all the connectivity features that matter terribly to teenagers of all ages. Toyota Safety Sense 2.0, the part I like being pre-collision system with emergency braking (note here: pedestrian detection only works in daylight, when you don't need it).  The driver's seat will go through more contortions than a yoga instructor. About $500 above invoice, which brings it to $41K, NYS sales tax not included. Time to delivery is two to three months ... more or less. I hope it comes before I get tied up with a knee replacement, but the problem's manageable if it does. 

Or should I keep researching, for the good of this Forum? 

Drew C. is one of those guys I am worried about. He's a sensitive soul. What will he do when I doesn't have my research threads to read? 

Pictures on delivery.  Whenever that happens.

8 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Drew C. is one of those guys I am worried about. He's a sensitive soul. What will he do when I doesn't have my research threads to read? 

Pictures on delivery.  Whenever that happens.

Key word....

When, if?

I want pics as proof when and if it happens.

2 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Will you be OK when they appear?  No onset of loss of appetite, lethargy, loss of interest in SOL?

I will do my best to endure this terrible hardship. 

Brian, get the Jap-built version NOW!!!   Swing by and pick me up and we'll go get Patchy for some yoga on the beach, brie-n-chablis with the swells in Wellesley, and swing by Pocahontas's for some Pow-Wow-Chow.   

Get what YOU want, when YOU want it.   Do something for YOU...screw everyone else.  No one likes them....had to be said.  

4 hours ago, riggler said:

That sounds like a very good price , what will the sticker number be ?

Brian, AS long as it has what you want on the unit, go for it. Remember , be polite, but stick by your guns. How ever they act, they'll want to deliver the 4 runner that day. If they know they have a sale that day, they won't let yoy walk and go to another dealer. If the 4 runner is going to a uni body next year, don't wait for it , get the full frame actual 4 wheel drive unit now. AWD might be ok for a little while on the beach, but for the long haul , your killing the trans axle and awd unit. Good luck and do post some pictures. Oh, remember in there eye's money talks and BS walks. Show them your a serious player.