Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rhahn427

New Torqeedo

32 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Wooooo Hooooo .......... coming out in December .......... they are taking Pre Orders!!!

$2699

Product # 1408-00

A TOTAL GAME CHANGER ........ THE MOST POWERFUL KAYAK ENGINE 

3 HP .......... MORE POWER ........ MORE SPEED ......... CAN’T WAIT !!!

There is a video of them testing it ....... pm me

Edited by rhahn427

4 hours ago, rhahn427 said:

Wooooo Hooooo .......... coming out in December .......... they are taking Pre Orders!!!

$2699

Product # 1408-00

A TOTAL GAME CHANGER ........ THE MOST POWERFUL KAYAK ENGINE 

3 HP .......... MORE POWER ........ MORE SPEED ......... CAN’T WAIT !!!

There is a video of them testing it ....... pm me

Oh Please, you can't even post a video of how to install one let alone a new one.  :p

I posted the link but it was taken down by the administers because it was a Facebook post.  

I’m just giving you guys information that came out today that a lot of people were asking about on other sites.  Sorry that’s not appreciated here. I won’t make that mistake again and probably others too.  Too many trolls.

8 hours ago, Tailslap said:

now kayaks can truly run and gun.  Sick motor

Damn, thanks for posting. Just ordered 4.

Edited by fvgourami3

And now you run out of Battery....that will be 4 miles of paddling the Bonafide back to the launch!  :laugh:

10 hours ago, SneakyWeakie said:

I love kayak fishing but if I ever feel the need to put a $2700 motor on the thing I'm just gonna get a boat.

I feel the same way.  I can however see it coming in handy in my area.  As schools of Striped Bass get thinner and thinner in my sound, It would be a huge advantage to be able to beach launch once, go 3 miles north and side scan, nothing there, hit another 2 miles back,  side scan, then head. 3 miles the other way and scan, all while staying low to the water and quiet?  If you know your area  you can make those trips fast.  I love kayak fishing but I don't have time or the willingness anymore to stay out 5-6 hours a trip on a search mission anymore for Bass.  Albacore is another story because most of the time you have to put those hours in. My trips locally for bass are short now. Even when the bite is on after an hour or two of wailing?  I had my fill.

The problem with this long range torqeedo is the size of kayak to carry everything.  Then take it out of the truck and wheel it down though the soft sand that may or may not have surf?  :point:

Edited by The Riddler

Pretty big wake for a kayak, we’ll have to watch out for Torqeedo kayaks waking us and running over us along with the boaters now.
Real neat  though! Kayaking is changing so much everyday!.....jack

Well ......... a yak is not a boat.  I have both and prefer the yak.  In fact, I sold my center console.  Both have their places.  I have never run out of power.  The great thing about the Torqeedo is it tells you when you how much power is left and how much time and distance is left. In addition, the engine automatically limits your power so you can get back when you get to a certain power level so It’s on you if you run out of power.  Anyway,  I was just trying to get some info to you if you were interested.  It’s funny that I got the same arguments when I bought my first one.  Now it seems to be in the mainstream.  I just love it when The same guys that are against motors on Yaks are stroking hard against wind and tide while I circle them yelling stroke .... stroke ...... stroke while circling them.    Just kidding ....... but I have towed a few in.