Surfjones

North side of Ocean Parkway being destroyed by NYS

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

NYS is literally destroying a once pristine piece of coastline, the North side of ocean parkway from captree to Points west to Tobay has been torn up to extend a bike path further East along with a sewage treatment plant being constructed next to cedar beach. The wetlands in this area, to my understanding are protected and building on them is prohibited. I guess NYS feels they can do whatever they want, I would love to see if there was even a EIS conducted. How do you guys feel about your tax dollars being spent on something like this ? 

Edited by Surfjones

3 hours ago, Surfjones said:

NYS is literally destroying a once pristine piece of coastline, the North side of ocean parkway from captree to Robert Moses has been torn up to extend a bike path further East along with a sewage treatment plant being constructed next to cedar beach. The wetlands in this area, to my understanding are protected and building on them is prohibited. I guess NYS feels they can do whatever they want, I would love to see if there was even a EIS conducted. How do you guys feel about your tax dollars being spent on something like this ? 

What do you mean "from captree to Robert Moses?"  I believe that the bike path is being extend east from Tobay to Captree.  Is that what you are referring to? 

Millions spent to include 2 memorials to the Cuomos and still no lights at the boat basin?

Those bulbs burned out 20 yrs ago.

Dam.

Edited by the3fishheads

7 hours ago, Surfjones said:

NYS is literally destroying a once pristine piece of coastline, the North side of ocean parkway from captree to Points west to Tobay has been torn up to extend a bike path further East along with a sewage treatment plant being constructed next to cedar beach. The wetlands in this area, to my understanding are protected and building on them is prohibited. I guess NYS feels they can do whatever they want, I would love to see if there was even a EIS conducted. How do you guys feel about your tax dollars being spent on something like this ? 

I find the bike path to be important. As for the treatment plant.

I'm ignorant to it all. :)

Edited by SandSpike1

How selfish can one politician possibly be ?it may seem like a small area however the detrimental effects of bulldozing the wetlands on the north side of the parkway are huge. Destruction of the natural ecosystem and increase erosion of the barrier island to name a few. In a recent post the white bucket crew were mentioned and the amount of garbage that these idiots leave on the beaches and jetty’s was discussed, basically the state has just created a breeding ground from captree to Tobay for people to dump garbage and walk on the dunes that are vital to the protection of Long Island

Edited by Surfjones

8 hours ago, Surfjones said:

sewage treatment plant being constructed next to cedar beach.

I was wondering what they were doing there.  Where did you here about it? Any where I can get some info on that?  I can't believe they are going to put a plant there.  That is my favorite road on the island and it is getting destroyed 1 mile at a time.

1 hour ago, Surfjones said:

How selfish can one politician possibly be ?it may seem like a small area however the detrimental effects of bulldozing the wetlands on the north side of the parkway are huge. Destruction of the natural ecosystem and increase erosion of the barrier island to name a few. In a recent post the white bucket crew were mentioned and the amount of garbage that these idiots leave on the beaches and jetty’s was discussed, basically the state has just created a breeding ground from captree to Tobay for people to dump garbage and walk on the dunes that are vital to the protection of Long Island

I hate them white bucket carrying pigs. They'll be everywhere now.

25 mins ago, the3fishheads said:

I hate them white bucket carrying pigs. They'll be everywhere now.

Not all of them are pigs.

Only 99%

Jones beach was far from pristine. Should just let it go, so no one can enjoy it.

Jones Beach State Park and Jones Island which stretches east of the park were the creation of master builder Robert Moses in the 1920s. By dredging sand from what is now the State Boat Channel, Moses raised the elevation of the barrier islands by fourteen feet, connecting several small islands into one long stretch topped by Ocean Parkway. Moses created a great "people's park" from what he described as mosquito infested swamps and small islands.

I thought that was becoming a shellfish farm.....which I was also against. Development is a never ending skid down **** row.....I fu--ing hate the zip line eye soars too....who the hell approves this garbage. 

Edited by DeepBlue85

23 mins ago, DeepBlue85 said:

I thought that was becoming a shellfish farm.....which I was also against. Development is a never ending skid down **** row.....I fu--ing hate the zip line eye soars too....who the hell approves this garbage. 

At least a shellfish farm would have been somewhat positive for the ecosystem in the bay