T fishing

Are these fish or my Fish Finder broken?

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Hello Experts, 

There is a thing I can't figure out. You can help me. 

Early this month I went fishing in the newfound lake, NH from my kayak. It was a super calm day, almost no wind. And it was a tournament day, and a lot people caught big bass. 

From my fishfinder, Lowrance hook2 I can see a lot of marks quite often. But I am not sure are these really fish? Because I tried jig, small bucktail, dipsy diver with crankbait, paddle tail jig, spoon, and live worm with a slip bobber no bite at all. 

I attached some photos of my fish finder, and hope you can give me an advice. I was thinking these marks are bait schools, but the water was deep and some single mark is not small. 

Newfund lake (3).JPG

Newfund lake (1).JPG

Newfund lake (2).JPG

Newfund lake (4).JPG

Newfund lake (7).JPG

Newfund lake (6).JPG

Newfund lake (5).JPG

Newfund lake (8).JPG

5 mins ago, T fishing said:

Hello Experts, 

There is a thing I can't figure out. You can help me. 

Early this month I went fishing in the newfound lake, NH from my kayak. It was a super calm day, almost no wind. And it was a tournament day, and a lot people caught big bass. 

From my fishfinder, Lowrance hook2 I can see a lot of marks quite often. But I am not sure are these really fish? Because I tried jig, small bucktail, dipsy diver with crankbait, paddle tail jig, spoon, and live worm with a slip bobber no bite at all. 

I attached some photos of my fish finder, and hope you can give me an advice. I was thinking these marks are bait schools, but the water was deep and some single mark is not small. 

Newfund lake (3).JPG

Those are fish from 20-40 feet and a school of bait at 10ft.

5 mins ago, T fishing said:

Newfund lake (4).JPG

Those look like fish...the fact that you put a lure in front of them and they didn't bite it just means they weren't interested in whatever you were throwing, it doesn't mean they aren't fish :)  If you fished through all those fish and didn't get a bite - particularly the fish that were pretty clearly feeding on schools of bait - I'd start changing up the stuff I was throwing or the way I was fishing it :)  I'm wondering if they were schools of walleye or white perch? Were the fish pushing the bait up to the surface?

TimS

If they are fish, I guess they are smallmouth bass or trout, because this lake is very clear and most people catch these two type fish. 

So, what is bait I should use if they are not interested any lures and live worm? Shiners? What bait or lure are you going to use in the very clear lake?

13 hours ago, T fishing said:

If they are fish, I guess they are smallmouth bass or trout, because this lake is very clear and most people catch these two type fish. 

So, what is bait I should use if they are not interested any lures and live worm? Shiners? What bait or lure are you going to use in the very clear lake?

I’d say first ya need to know what they eating there .. and match it best ya can