ccb

Why? Van Staal

Rate this topic

58 posts in this topic

Less fish, its a largely surf fishing forum, people realize they dont need 3. However go to a page like BD or 360Tna and you'll find no VS or surf reels but Saltigas, Stellas, big conventionals, gosas. Its all relative. 

When I saw the topic, I thought "Less fish."  I's a shame - I have barely fished the surf in the last 4-5 years because it has been so slow.  Probably don't need 6 surf rods anymore, do I?

2 hours ago, ccb said:

Why are there so many for Sale in the BST forums ? 

So I went over to the BST thinking I was going to find all sorts of VS's to choose from ....there are exactly two for sale (neither for much less than new) on the first three pages. There are more WTB VS posts that WTS.   WTF are you talking about?

There was an issue a while ago of people buying and flipping Staals but could just be buyers remorse or realizing you don’t need a dozen of the same reel $7000 later....

2 hours ago, ccb said:

Why are there so many for Sale in the BST forums ? 

2 hours ago, sytheteacher said:

I was thinking the same thing...

Fake news!  Evidence doesn’t support this :headscratch:  Unless there is another forum other than the General B/S?

Personally I am not a VS lover but cheaper reels have got way better than 10 and 15 years ago. Could be the reason. As bullet proof as some my feel a VS is, they are not exactly a pleasure to fish with for some. I consider them somewhat of an acquired taste. 

You see good deals on Vs's all the time here and flea bay. I think other guys nailed it. Guys dont get into it like they thought, hard up for money, or bought backup's and the realize you rarely need one...

35 mins ago, C.Robin said:

You can get a Gosa or Slammer III for less than half the price, and they'll do almost anything a VS can do.

Idk about that while my van staal is far from my favorite reel there is no better reel on the sand during a blow when your reel spends half the time underwater