PoppinBottles19

Zombie vs200

Rate this topic

56 posts in this topic

2 mins ago, Wire For Fire said:

North shore ? I saw an old timers rod get taken out the spike maybe two years ago up there by Edwards ave by a big blue .. poor guy was sick , i waded out and searched till dark as others did with kayaks even .. I wanna say it was a gold 200 or 250 I forget .. 

This was found on the South Fork, it looks silver now but it was originally black.

Doesn't quite explain why the spool is missing and yet the drag knob is still there. I agree with Lou, it's angry wife or girl friend. Or a very smart fish with thumbs.

This reel 100% deserves to be serviced and brought back to life.  I bet it will have some serious fish catching mojo after all that time spent in the drink.

I'd like to bring it back to life, but if VS is willing to send me a new reel i definitely wouldn't complain.  I'm also wondering how much I would end up spending in order to make this reel usable again.

I agree run the serial numbers and see who owns it.  You would be surprised what these reels are capable of even after being submerged for a long time

1 min ago, Surfjones said:

I agree run the serial numbers and see who owns it.  You would be surprised what these reels are capable of even after being submerged for a long time

I called VS and they said that it was not registered.

16 mins ago, PoppinBottles19 said:

I called VS and they said that it was not registered.

Well in that case I guess the rules of the sea apply.  Like I said you would be surprised what these things are capable of.  Bring it for service and take it from there

2 hours ago, PoppinBottles19 said:

I'd like to bring it back to life, but if VS is willing to send me a new reel i definitely wouldn't complain.  I'm also wondering how much I would end up spending in order to make this reel usable again.

Getting that one up and running is much better than a new one IMHO

tricky as youll most likely spend almost as much to get the repair parts and rebuild it then to buy a new one....unless van staal will give you a major deal or you have very good reel service skills I would stay clear....good luck...despite this post being old....keep us posted as I curious as to what you and your buddy decide to do....I would dump it via the bst forums and move on if van staal gives you the run around...again good luck...