PoppinBottles19

Zombie vs200

Rate this topic

56 posts in this topic

It's still leaning towards the psycho serial killer wife did it....:shock:

That's not what I said. 

1. First call Van Staal and give them the reels serial number too see if it was registered to anyone.
  2. If they tell you the reel is registered to no one, tell them, the reel was lying on the floor of the ocean all these years.   

Van Staal years ago tried to get back all the USA reels so they did not have to honor the life time warranty. So they gave the owners new reels with a one year warranty. Only Oklahoma serviced the USA reels. So call them. 

Google Van Staal service, and call them.

Good Luck

Lou T  

13 mins ago, z-man said:

Looks like a lot of sharp edges to cut your line and fingers. 

Electrolysis has been eating up the reels aluminium case. It's hard to believe it remained water tight.

They might give him a new reel; just so they can use that one for advertising...:)

Don't really know, but it's worth a shot

Lou T

That would be awesome.  I’ll give them a call tomorrow.  When I spoke to them today they said it hadn’t been registered, which I guess is a good thing.

The spool was on the reel when it was found.  My buddy thinks he may have it around somewhere but according to him that was the most corroded part of the reel and was definitely not usable.

1 hour ago, PoppinBottles19 said:

The spool was on the reel when it was found.  My buddy thinks he may have it around somewhere but according to him that was the most corroded part of the reel and was definitely not usable.

That explains a lot. 

11 hours ago, PoppinBottles19 said:

worth looking for, just to post another photo of it, for here and VS

10 hours ago, Blank Disc said:

That explains a lot. 

Yes it dose, some poor guy probably had it yanked from his hands by a fish of a life time....:eek:

12 hours ago, PoppinBottles19 said:

Was this found out in Long Island east end up by claverton by chance ? 

1 min ago, Wire For Fire said:

Was this found out in Long Island east end up by claverton by chance ? 

It was found in the surf on the East end but not anywhere near Calverton.

North shore ? I saw an old timers rod get taken out the spike maybe two years ago up there by Edwards ave by a big blue .. poor guy was sick , i waded out and searched till dark as others did with kayaks even .. I wanna say it was a gold 200 or 250 I forget ..