PoppinBottles19

Zombie vs200

Rate this topic

56 posts in this topic

So a friend of mine found a vs200 washed up in the surf.  It’s missing a spool and it’s definitely not pretty.  I’ve wanted to get into a van staal for a while now but can’t justify the price tag.  He said he’d sell it for $75.  What’s my best option??

You need better friends....found for free and wants to sell. You have to get the reel checked out if it's in ok condition it might be worth it. Dont get me wrong it's still not going to be cheap. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

as CKJeep84 said.

if it were me that found it I would have given it to you and then if you didn't want to spend the cost to build it give it back.

would have stipulated that up front.

HH

Edited by Heavy Hooksetter

Sounds like a piece of sh*t. If you reeeeallly think you need a Van staal just buy one. One that works and is ready to fish. You can get them used and functioning for 4-600 beans. If that’s too much there are plenty of less expensive options that will make due. In the meantime, keep saving your pennies. 

How about if the owner registered it and has since reported it lost or stolen you would send it back for a repair and it will never get back to you

NJ dave is right....it will have a serial number and hopefully gets back to the owner once van staal services it...they have a story on the van staal sight basically just like that...I would convince your friend to contact van staal....then if nobody claims it....buy it once vs has serviced it and replaced the spool...

my 2 cents...good luck.

Try to find the original owner. I’ll bet he’s got a good story to tell about the reel’s loss and I’m sure he’d appreciate seeing it again. I’m also pretty sure you’d feel the same way if you were the one who lost the reel. 

6 hours ago, jimmy z said:

Maybe his wife was angry at him and threw it in the drink. :howdy:

See, now that’s a story worth hearing. Zzzzzzacktly what I’m talkin’ about.