JoeyZac

Just For Once, Can They Make A War Movie The Right Way?

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

The last few war moives have ranged from OK to flat out bad.

This story is a slam dunk unless they go out of the way to find a way to screw it up.

Please, can we do this one right?  All they have to do is avoid a cheesy script or over the top CGI and it should be awesome.

I'm concerned about the director, as he tends to be a bit cheesy, but come on man, please do this one right.  Please..........

Yup, hopefully this doesn’t turn out like that foolish “Pearl Harbor” flick. 

I thought “12 Strong” was really good. 

“Thank You For Your Service”,  not a typical war movie, was really eye opening. 

I read three books about Midway and all three were great. First movie with Heston sucked because they had to turn half of it into a love story and took so many effects right out of Tora Tora Tora. 

So many war movies are junk like Pearl Harbor because they want women to see it and just facts won't bring them into the theaters.

Tora Tora Tora was one of the good ones because it stayed true to the events most of the time. I cringe with every Vietnam movie ever made. 

I'm sure if there is a hundred foot tall metal giant out there that can turn into a car gets pissed every time a transformer movie comes out.

Woody Harrelson makes a horrible officer. plus i'm not into all the computer animation and the romance part in there to draw the woman.   

Edited by Terry Mac

this is the right way verses all the modern day BS!!!!!! 

Me an my old man watched Tora, Tora, Tora at least dozen times and never got bored. it was glorious!!! 

11 mins ago, Terry Mac said:

Woody Harrelson makes a horrible officer. plus i'm not into all the computer animation and the romance part in there to draw the woman.   

Like in Full Metal Jacket where they took turns on that Vietnamese hooker?  That gets the panties wet. 

26 mins ago, Patrick9915 said:

Like in Full Metal Jacket where they took turns on that Vietnamese hooker?  That gets the panties wet. 

you are full moron. 

I'm already cringing in anticipation of "Midway." I know I'll go see it, but the pervasive role of luck and chance and circumstances always gets simplified into a heroic caricature.