Marcel_Karssies

Naples FL report oct.12th.

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

To make it short, today sucked.

Sunshine all the way to the beach anf then the lights went out. The weekend crowds where thick and so a lot of beach real estate was occupied.

Less bait at the end of the beach and more dispersed. Still a lot of snook but mostly motionless staring down the bait. Noticed a discoloration of the water and dead and dying mullet so red tide had struck again.

I skipped lunch as I was focused to get at least one snook. At the end of the day I finally hooked one and fought the fish when after a while suddenly the leader broke. Fly was gone and the fish also. Only had a few ladyfish and off course many lizardfish. Tried the inlet but only got a small Spanish mackerel.

Since it was low tide at sunset I did not wait for the snook feeding window and stationed myself further south on the beach to watch the sunset. The thick cloudcover that had hindered my sightfishing for most of the day was gone then. Had one good pull from the beach after sunset but was left with a severed leader thus most likely a Spanish mackerel.

Guess the beach will be a zoo tomorrow so maybe I should try the southern end again.

Fishing sucked, sunset was good today.

DSC_0469.JPG

DSC_0462.JPG

DSC_0460.JPG

DSC_0459.JPG

DSC_0458.JPG

DSC_0456.JPG

DSC_0454.JPG