Flatrash

VR bail question

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I recently converted my vr175 back to bailed for live bait and the bail arm doesn’t “snap” down when I close or open it. I am quite confident I put it back properly but can’t remember if this is just how it is or if I’m missing something. When open it stays open, when closed it stays closed it just doesn’t snap like other broiled reels I have. 

2 mins ago, Flatrash said:

I recently converted my vr175 back to bailed for live bait and the bail arm doesn’t “snap” down when I close or open it. I am quite confident I put it back properly but can’t remember if this is just how it is or if I’m missing something. When open it stays open, when closed it stays closed it just doesn’t snap like other broiled reels I have. 

It’s a manual bail, you have to close it. 

22 mins ago, bayyaker54 said:

It’s a manual bail, you have to close it. 

I understand that. I’m saying when I close or open it, it doesn’t snap in like the springs are weak or something. 

Had this same problem. Contacted vs they said to send it in. Came back fixed. They didn’t say what they fixed. Been good now for a couple outings now. Probably just the bail spring. Also I was not charged

4 hours ago, Flatrash said:

I understand that. I’m saying when I close or open it, it doesn’t snap in like the springs are weak or something. 

Sorry my mistake, I thought you were talking about rotating the handle and having it flip over. I have the bt 175 and also the spool/rotor for the bt 125 and they both snap back same with my vs150.

Just now, bayyaker54 said:

Sorry my mistake, I thought you were talking about rotating the handle and having it flip over. I have the bt 175 and also the spool/rotor for the bt 125 and they both snap back same with my vs150.

Vr 175 and vr 125