Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JaseB

Ever stayed at an AirBnB?

Rate this topic

79 posts in this topic

I've done it at the beach and ski resort where it's a rental owner trying to save on the agency fee. 

I mean like you show up at a house, they pack the 3 and 5 year old in the back seat of the Prius, hand you the keys and roll out?

It friggin weird.

Food in the fridge.  Paste eating age kid artwork hanging up.  

I'd feel less weird about Matt Lauering the guys wife in front of him.

It’s not always like that. Some people have properties dedicated to this. 

I rented a 48’motor yacht in the Keys a few years ago in a great marina with all the amenities. 

We couldn’t leave dock of course, but it was well stocked with wines and groceries. 

It was awesome and less per night than a hotel room. 

Was out all night eating and drinking crap like I was 20 years younger (20 year reunion at Virginia Tech)  destroyed this bathroom with no fan switch and then see this.

20191012_064554.jpg

7 mins ago, Rocky_Point_Charlie said:

It’s not always like that. Some people have properties dedicated to this. 

I rented a 48’motor yacht in the Keys a few years ago in a great marina with all the amenities. 

We couldn’t leave dock of course, but it was well stocked with wines and groceries. 

It was awesome and less per night than a hotel room. 

Agree. That's what I meant about the beach and ski places.

11 mins ago, JaseB said:

Was out all night eating and drinking crap like I was 20 years younger (20 year reunion at Virginia Tech)  destroyed this bathroom with no fan switch and then see this.

20191012_064554.jpg

That's yankee ingenuity right there.

1 hour ago, JaseB said:

20191012_064554.jpg

I see a hidden camera right near that chain. 

1 hour ago, JaseB said:

20191012_064554.jpg

LOL,,,,Beat Notre Dame 

Once, it was a friggin mess. Crappy neighborhood, parking on the street, security was a concern (windows were unlatched, door had been kicked in once and was split, and when we came in they had some sorta glade thing going on, the plug in deodorizers, that had an obnoxious odor. We pulled them out and after the second night started to notice the "pee" aroma. They did allow pets. House had 5 star reviews! Price was right for the area, considering what hotels wanted, but I am really questioning whether we'll ever use AirBB again. Would insist on speaking with the owner first rather than relying on the internet. 

Wudda felt better with a 9mm on the bed stand, but this was NY and not licensed there. 

Edited by Good2Go
additional info