Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
icarussound

Florida fall run, lagoon lure

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

I don’t normally gush about one lure or another but I was a little shocked at how effective this one was yesterday. Someone suggested using a Rapala Original Floating Minnow. It was probably a case of match the hatch, the little minnows I’ve been seeing the last month look identical. Anyway it’s worth trying if you fish the Indian river. Caught 6 species including a slot black drum and a slot snook. First time I’ve used this lure.

Rapala Original Floating Minnow model F09, silver finish. I got a gold one also for dirty water. The black drum was a big surprise, most will tell you these don’t hit artificials, which is all I use.

The only other lure I’ve had that much success with is the DOA shrimp but that took a while to figure out how to present. This one straight out of the package was a magic attractor. Don’t tell anyone, it’s my secret now and I have no interest in anyone else catching all the fish around here.

Just a small update: the smaller one F5 and larger one F11 are equally effective, the little guy actually seems more attractive to redfish. Gotta switch the hooks and split rings though, I lost a few big ones from bent hooks and one I lost last night tore the split rig off.