cashews121

Trout Rod

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

So I pulled the trigger on a trout stick today. The Daiwa Presso UL 6’6”..2-6lb line,,1/32-1/4oz.

I am still a bit concerned seems quite soft..but I guess it could be because I was using a rod that was rated up to 5/16...a Shimano Clarus rated up to 5/16oz.  I know this thing is going to launch an 1/8oz Kastmaster a lot better than the Clarus,,but I was a bit concerned I may have trouble handling 2yr old Trout...15” Browns etc...I guess I will find out in about a week when those yearlings get dropped into the lake.

A 15 inch brown isn't a very fearsome fish. That rod will handle it fine. Those rods seem neat, I might need one for throwing trout magnets.

18 mins ago, Kima said:

A 15 inch brown isn't a very fearsome fish. That rod will handle it fine. Those rods seem neat, I might need one for throwing trout magnets.

I guess I won’t be able to horse em in like I did with the previous rod,,but that’s ok I guess

I use and love the action from the longer noodle rods when trout fishing, extra sensitive so you feel the fish better, even the smaller ultra lite rods such as the one you have will easily accommodate the 3 to 5 pound trout with no problem ( it's all in the play )

On 10/11/2019 at 9:29 PM, cashews121 said:

So I pulled the trigger on a trout stick today. The Daiwa Presso UL 6’6”..2-6lb line,,1/32-1/4oz.

I am still a bit concerned seems quite soft..but I guess it could be because I was using a rod that was rated up to 5/16...a Shimano Clarus rated up to 5/16oz.  I know this thing is going to launch an 1/8oz Kastmaster a lot better than the Clarus,,but I was a bit concerned I may have trouble handling 2yr old Trout...15” Browns etc...I guess I will find out in about a week when those yearlings get dropped into the lake.

Sounds like a nice rod.

On 10/11/2019 at 9:44 PM, Kima said:

Love fishing trout magnets. 

My fave way to fish for trout now.

I think it's because I used to be an avid (i.e. OCD crazy) fly fisher and loved to nymph. 

Drifting trout magnets is a lot like nymphing.

Tight lines!

JD