LockedDrag

Confidence Lure

Rate this topic

79 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Batman67 said:

I dont have a go to, usually conditions determine that for that trip. But shocked no one has mentioned. Sp minnow, superstrike 2 3/8 sinking popper, needlefish, redfin or a superstrike darter.

Great point, a confidence lure with schoolies on the beach doesn't translate well with the same offering to cows in a screaming current. Every plug you mentioned were the bells of the ball at one point yet shunned on other trips. Conditions determine the level of confidence.

I try not to be too stubborn or over confident. If I've presented a "confidence" lure in front of fish and they've refused it repeatedly... confidence lost, change it up, rinse, lather, & repeat. Fishing is a "what have you done for me lately" type deal.

16 hours ago, Heavy Hooksetter said:

I don't have a confidence lure,,I just have confidence in me.

knowing what to do and how to do it is what the technique is.

the color you mention has been a good one for me too in various other lures.

make sure you fish other lures so your "book" of lures and technique grows wide.

best skill to you out there!

HH

This right here! Anglers catch fish. The lure is just part of the equation & a tool to use. I have confidence that whatever is tied to the end of my line, it will catch fish. Also have confidence in myself. 

I have confidence in many different type plugs,plastics and metals,it all depends on conditions and locations why buy or carry something if you don't think it will work?

I also agree with this! Location & conditions, or situation often dictate what lure might be best to use. Too many folks choose based on the "look" of a lure, and there are more factors to consider. 

With all this said, I have a ton of lures to choose from, for various types of fishing & fish species, collected over many years. I like experimenting with different ones, to see how many different ways these fish can be caught. 

When someone tells me, "that won't work here", I try my best to prove them wrong! :D

17 hours ago, Kima said:

Screenshot_20191011-194113_Gallery.jpg

I have a couple Mitchell 300's a Mitchel 410, a Mitchell 308 and a Mitchell 408     That line roller doesn't look like stock Mitchell Line Roller.   Did you do a bail-less conversion  ??? 

52 mins ago, UncleJohn said:

I have a couple Mitchell 300's a Mitchel 410, a Mitchell 308 and a Mitchell 408     That line roller doesn't look like stock Mitchell Line Roller.   Did you do a bail-less conversion  ??? 

There's a gentleman online that goes by Thefisher-man. He sells bailless kits for 306s and 302s, and also the Lefty variants.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Image result for tsunami holographic sand eel internally weighted

Caught 40 fish on this last night. Some dinks, but majority were near-keepers and keeper fish. It was unreal. Luckily I stocked up. Had people casting like maniacs all around me and no one else could hook up except one guy who caught one. 

Edited by Blank Disc

The one lure for all conditions would hands down be a buck tail . Any water , sweep , ripping current , calm , shallow , pounding surf , all . We also have seen fish feeding competitively that will hit whatever you throw in whatever color . It’s always changing.

When I'm loosing confidence out on the surf or mild current area, it's tin time.  It stays lows, it's bright, and maybe i'm not catching because im not casting far enough out.

I atleast have the confidence to catch any bluefish around...…….

If I'm on an inlet, it's bucktails.  Usually white, but I got a good selection of yellow/white, blue/white, and brown hair, green tinsel, and white hair belly ones I make too.  I've been liking a paddle tailed worm in green / white lately, especially if I do suspect any baitfish around......