Capt.Castafly

RI Fish Report Blog. Oct. 12 - Oct 19

Rate this topic

114 posts in this topic

33 mins ago, The Gremlin said:

Water is dirty along the shore....brown and sandy.  Be prepared to get sand blasted.

I'm with you there, felt like sleet.Still, if there's fish on the beach I'm going for it. 

My son and I just did a tour.  Soco: out front couldnt get close to good water, whitewater all held silt.  Inshore spot 20+ wind in our faces forcing water off a big flat and out a channel at our feet.  We managed a dozen casts bucktails and heavy shad without a bump. 

Lower bay: out front found a spot without too much wind (how?).  Beautiful whitewater, nice rips, cloudy water.  Dozen casts with shad, spook and poppers without a hit.  Lower bay inshore spot (channel) we found some schoolie taps but didn't stick around to round them up.

Mid bay: inshore spot with a large flock of birds working, cormorants diving, and visible fish busting under them, but couldn't reach them from shore (mean crosswind and just plain too far away).

Love fall fishing but HATE the crowds.  The spots you can fish comfortably with a few folks most of the year are packed every weekend, and the lots filled with out of state folks... Trying to plan fishing trips for weekend, and besides, weather, tides, wind etc now I have to think what places will be over crowded also......  Low tide near daybreak, every outflow in the state will be mobbed.  :banghd:

Ok i will stop complaining now... :howdy:

Edited by Kooky

16 hours ago, Bmawds said:

Got into a good schoolie bite with one small keeper in the mix. Lasted until I got mugged and left

I think I witnessed that watching from the beach. That one guys sure was pushy. Crossed a few lines too.

Hammered Monster Blues on top water at Southwest part of Block Tuesday on the boat . Biggest was 18.5 . 17 fish weighed 223 Pounds 

57 mins ago, whitey said:

Hammered Monster Blues on top water at Southwest part of Block Tuesday on the boat . Biggest was 18.5 . 17 fish weighed 223 Pounds 

Why? :p

7 hours ago, Kooky said:

the lots filled with out of state folks...

Ok i will stop complaining now... :howdy:

a) understandable.

b) any out of state plates south of CT.. um, what are you guys *doing*!?

Wrong way, folks!

At this point, the cows are LI/RB.

Not RHODE ISLAND LOL

Cmon men! Get your fall run together!