Capt.Castafly

RI Fish Report Blog. Oct. 12 - Oct 19

Rate this topic

114 posts in this topic

Sprinted through the home/family stuff and ran out to hit a spot or 2 i had in mind.  First spot had wind over shoulder and a nice rip where i anticipated it to be and absolutely nothing.  Tried top, mid, and bottom and not a tap.  wind was cranking and surf/swell was coming in fast, left after a bit.  Watched a cruise ship leaving the bay for open water and did not envy the folks on that boat!!!  Tried a backwater spot on my way home, found a couple schoolies but this spot usually holds more fish so rather disappointing left after getting poured on for a bit and bite dried up.  Worst part was after a few moments of wading i was slowly surrounded by a large school of silversides that were chilling happy as could be.  I hate happy bait!!!  Once wind and incoming aligned and really started pouring into back spot weeds also started to get rather dense and had to pick them off each cast.  Nice Job Southcoastsurffishermen, wish i could have gotten out earlier but that is life.  Will be back at it this weekend. 

3 mins ago, Kooky said:

Sprinted through the home/family stuff and ran out to hit a spot or 2 i had in mind.  First spot had wind over shoulder and a nice rip where i anticipated it to be and absolutely nothing.  Tried top, mid, and bottom and not a tap.  wind was cranking and surf/swell was coming in fast, left after a bit.  Watched a cruise ship leaving the bay for open water and did not envy the folks on that boat!!!  Tried a backwater spot on my way home, found a couple schoolies but this spot usually holds more fish so rather disappointing left after getting poured on for a bit and bite dried up.  Worst part was after a few moments of wading i was slowly surrounded by a large school of silversides that were chilling happy as could be.  I hate happy bait!!!  Once wind and incoming aligned and really started pouring into back spot weeds also started to get rather dense and had to pick them off each cast.  Nice Job Southcoastsurffishermen, wish i could have gotten out earlier but that is life.  Will be back at it this weekend. 

Bring a handful of heavy needles moderate to fast sinking ones...and 1-1.5oz white bucktails and 5+" split tailed teasers with you this weekend and deep bomb those rips you mentioned there are fish in there :drool:

4 mins ago, SouthCoastSurfFishermen said:

Bring a handful of heavy needles moderate to fast sinking ones...and 1-1.5oz white bucktails and 5+" split tailed teasers with you this weekend and deep bomb those rips you mentioned there are fish in there :drool:

Thats my plan!

14 mins ago, PaddleTail said:

How’s to water look today? Dirty? I’m about to leave work and just go fish lol

1 min ago, beerdoh said:

It looks fine but my view is through a web cam :bucktooth:. If I were closer I'd be out there giving it a try... 

The water has been clean, as of the E/SW sides of lower bay outside of refuge areas.. Get out there boys. Debating pulling a half day myself and jumping in the waders and surftop.

I pulled the plug on work yesterday afternoon and fished some east facing rocks/sand from 2-6pm.  The water was clean and green and the surf was absolutely perfect.  I managed some small fish at the first two spots on bucktails and found a couple decent 13/14 lb bass at the third and final spot, which is well known.  Didn't see any birds working or bait for that matter, but there were a few fish around.  I expected it to be better than it was though.  

Yesterday, took my son out for his first heavy weather fishing.  We were on the water by 3pm, tried a number of east-facing spots, found good water and ripping current, and blanked in all three spots.  Tried a south facing coast, but by that time it was howling and I couldnt get a cast past the dirty water.

Just now, rolm said:

Yesterday, took my son out for his first heavy weather fishing.  We were on the water by 3pm, tried a number of east-facing spots, found good water and ripping current, and blanked in all three spots.  Tried a south facing coast, but by that time it was howling and I couldnt get a cast past the dirty water.

Did I meet you and your son last night around 6-6:30pm as I was headed back to my car with a buddy? I popped my trunk and you had to admire the bonanza of plugs and gear and misc. s*** in the back haha?? If so it was a pleasure talking to you!

20 mins ago, rst3 said:

Wind last night. 

Screenshot_20191017-105614_Twitter.jpg.cc1163de6bd17352abeaa57dd36d4127.jpg

Friend lost his tuna boat off a mooring and it's badly damaged. 

GL out there guys.

There is a mooring bobbing in the waves on misquamicut