flyangler

Do you sympathize when your women folk are having their period?

Rate this topic

125 posts in this topic

Seriously, are men not sympathetic when their wimin folk are on the rag? Do men need to be brow beaten and embarrassed into empathy? 

Just  a simple question: What sort of mind thinks this is somehow effective and the right thing to do? Why are men being depicted as biological women, or worse. Recall that the UK national health service OK'd cervical cancer exams for trans men at women's health clinics. Now this. Men don’t have wimin parts, can’t have Women parts so people should stop suggesting men do, could or should. 

Beyond that, what ad genius thinks it is a sound marketing plan to mock men to sell women "period absorbing" underwear? No mention of the undies has order absorption or built-in cleansing functionality. :upck:

This is fooqed up, though I would expect it might resonate with one or two PG regulars. They are the type who do pull up their man-panties every day. 

I wish I could say this is satire from The Onion or the Babylon Bee, but the ad appears to be real. 

TV networks to air commercial depicting menstruating men and boys

October 10, 2019

Several TV networks have agreed to air an underwear commercial portraying a surreal world where men and boys menstruate.  

Titled “MENstruation,” the ad for “Period-Proof Underwear” opens with an anguished young teenage boy sheepishly telling his dad, “I think I got my period.”  

Dad later hugs him and tells him, “It’s just part of growing up.”

Many of the nine rapid-fire vignettes in the one-minute, 20-second ad are jarring: a man rolls over in bed, revealing blood-stained sheets; in a public bathroom, a man passes a tampon to another beneath a toilet stall partition; and a man walks through a locker room with a tampon string dangling from his briefs. In one, as a young man and woman suggestively kiss, he stops to say, “I’m on my period.”

“Me too,” she replies.

As the commercial closes, “If we all had them, maybe we’d be more comfortable with them,” appears on the screen, followed by, “Thinx: Underwear that absorbs your period.”

Edited by tomkaz

9 mins ago, 55555s said:

lol, what?!

UK Sun

Men who identify as women are being invited for cervical smear tests even though they don’t have a cervix

However, women who identify as male are not being offered crucial routine breast screenings or cervical cancer checks

WOMEN who identify as male are not being offered vital routine breast screenings and cervical cancer checks in case it offends them.

But men identifying as women will be invited for cervical smear tests – even though they don’t have a cervix.

The advice comes from a 24-page booklet published by Public Health England called “Information for trans people”.

The PHE booklet explains “who we invite for screening”.

Transpeople who register with their GP as their birth sex will be invited to screenings appropriate to that, but if they register as they gender they identify as they will not be.

If a transman, born female, registers as male he won’t be invited for routine breast screenings at 50, or cervical screening. However, if a transwoman registers as female they will be routinely invited for cervical screening.

3 mins ago, MikeM58 said:

I need to stop reading stuff like this in the morning.  Sets me up to mutter WTF all day.  :laugh:

I wish it was from the Bee, that would make it funny at least.

A comment on the absurdity that life as we know it has become an uncontrolled farce.

My Shoe

Since I hurt my pendulum
My life is all erratic.
My parrot, who was cordial,
Is now transmitting static.
The carpet died, a palm collapsed,
The cat keeps doing poo.
The only thing that keeps me sane
Is talking to my shoe.

Leunig 1970s

Never mind the dads who will have to deal with a 7-8 year old son who see the ad on a network and then asks: Dad, what’s a period and will I get one? 

4 mins ago, tomkaz said:

Never mind the dads who will have to deal with a 7-8 year old son who see the ad on a network and then asks: Dad, what’s a period and will I get one? 

What do you expect Tom, the collective insanity of the left side of the bell curve is ascendant, and devolving the world to a place where reductio ad absurdum rages.

Today on “Let’s Get Outraged”, we go all the way to the UK where a underwear company made a clever ad for shock value that is triggering snowflakes in the US that have never or would never have seen the ad.

1 min ago, The Dude said:

Today on “Let’s Get Outraged”, we go all the way to the UK where a underwear company made a clever ad for shock value that is triggering snowflakes in the US that have never or would never have seen the ad.

Tommy is pretty sensitive

pretty sure he can sympathize.....