Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steg

Gappy Bail Arm Twinpower

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

I bought a Twinpower 5000 second hand. There is a fairly large gap between the bail arm and rotor on the non roller side. Not sure what the cause of it is. 

The screw goes all the way in (I think) and tightening it does not close the gap. There are two small parts the screw passes through - a plastic 'sleeve' (may not be the correct term) and a similar small part made of light metal. These parts are present and appear to be correct. 

I assume something is worn - and this is why the gap is so large, but what could it be? 

IMG_20191011_154401.jpg

IMG_20191011_154730.jpg

IMG_20191011_180446.jpg

Thanks Avet4life - I've noticed you know a fair bit about reels. I've taken apart the loose side - the gappy side, and all the parts are there. I have the schematic. 

The problem is that the gap remains big (bigger than it should be) when the screw is as tight as it will go. 

It must be that something is worn, but I'm not sure what it would be. 

everything look normal, but the bail arm, why there a circle area ?

Also, if you assemble everything together , without the screw and only hold with hand, does the bail arm fit nice and close ?

bail.jpg

Avet4life, Yes, the bail arm fits pretty close when held there by hand. I'd say it fits as it should fit when held together by hand. There's a bit of a gap, but it is probably 'normal'. 

I think you are correct. The problem is probably in that place you have marked with a red circle - the bail arm. 

The reel is in OK condition otherwise.