West end death

Rate this topic

hydraman

On 10/10/2019 at 11:38 PM, fatbikerjoe said:

You push the envelope sometimes you pay the piper.  It's true for most sports, snowboarding, mountain biking, etc.  Never seen one punch it during golf though, or tennis.  Fishing a nor'easter, on a jetty, during high tide, check the piper he wants to be paid.  RIP.

Why is this getting downvoted? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. It's literally suicidal to be on that jetty in those conditions. Especially when the tide is coming in. Don't be stupid and you'll lessen your chance of death. That's no fish anyway, which makes it double stupid. 

6 hours ago, Fishy Fisher said:

Why is this getting downvoted? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. It's literally suicidal to be on that jetty in those conditions. Especially when the tide is coming in. Don't be stupid and you'll lessen your chance of death. That's no fish anyway, which makes it double stupid. 

Jordie Lunn, a mountain biker just met the maker too.  Came up short on a gap jump.

59 mins ago, Questt said:

Was fishing WE2 and had small talk with a fisherman that was walking by. Told me that cops were kicking people off the jetty because of what happened. Stay safe

So sad that this is what it takes to get police action down there , no one has checked permits for years (at the booth) , I have called in the past for guys driving on the beach , no one shows , cars and buggys are robbed and no patrols . Sadly your tax dollar at work .

BLM - Bass Lives Matter 

Race - human like everyone else

55 mins ago, giant basshole said:

So sad that this is what it takes to get police action down there , no one has checked permits for years (at the booth) , I have called in the past for guys driving on the beach , no one shows , cars and buggys are robbed and no patrols . Sadly your tax dollar at work .

Fortunately I have never seen anyone drive onto the beach. I have been stopped to check for a nighttime fishing permit.

There is always guard on Field #6 and no car can enter the beach parking without night permit.

Never seen anybody checking permit on West side or by Coast Guard.

Only sign on the driveway, something like "No enter, only car with night permit may pass through"

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-