hydraman

West end death

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

I heard someone died at west end today. It’s second hand info from a friend. I believe fell off the jetty. Anyone have any other info? 

Be careful guys make sure your wearing your korkers. That jetty on a day like today with the water that high is a death trap. 

Also said he wasn’t wearing a PFD. Some serious combers rolling in today - not the day to be out on those rocks. I hope he’s ok. 

Just saw the news feed. May he rest in peace.  If he's on the tip during high tide, I am not sure korker will make any difference. The backwash will easily pull you off, korker or not.  Careful of your surroundings, head on a swivel.

I took a spill on that very jetty in early September in sneakers, no korkers ( I didnt own a pair until after that ).

There was a hot bluefish bite on the very tip during the week at 6am ..only 1 other fisherman thank god, I knew I was in no mans land on an icy slick rock but logic was placed aside in favor of casting range, feet came out from under me like I was in a Home Alone movie and I slammed backwards, thank god I had a full backpack which rose up and cushioned the blow of my back and head which would have been bashed, I smashed my shin on the rock in front of me.

The one lone fisherman helped me up and nicely \ sternly told me to get some korkers or go home because on a Tuesday morning in early September at 6am I'd be dead with nobody around.

No need to comment how stupid that was... just saying

16 mins ago, baldadonis2002 said:

I took a spill on that very jetty in early September in sneakers, no korkers ( I didnt own a pair until after that )..........

I know, exactly, how stupid it was

Black Eye01.jpg

25 mins ago, baldadonis2002 said:

I took a spill on that very jetty in early September in sneakers, no korkers ( I didnt own a pair until after that ).

There was a hot bluefish bite on the very tip during the week at 6am ..only 1 other fisherman thank god, I knew I was in no mans land on an icy slick rock but logic was placed aside in favor of casting range, feet came out from under me like I was in a Home Alone movie and I slammed backwards, thank god I had a full backpack which rose up and cushioned the blow of my back and head which would have been bashed, I smashed my shin on the rock in front of me.

The one lone fisherman helped me up and nicely \ sternly told me to get some korkers or go home because on a Tuesday morning in early September at 6am I'd be dead with nobody around.

I recently stepped up on a rock  about two feet high and ended up slipping on the way down. Smashed my knee onto another rock and rolled onto the sand. 

I'm not climbing up rocks anymore. 

You push the envelope sometimes you pay the piper.  It's true for most sports, snowboarding, mountain biking, etc.  Never seen one punch it during golf though, or tennis.  Fishing a nor'easter, on a jetty, during high tide, check the piper he wants to be paid.  RIP.

God bless the fallen . I was tossed off that jetty (the old one before it was redone ) about 20 years ago by green water . I was going out with 2 buddies didn't time the low spot right and got chucked into the inlet like a tennis ball . A little scary but I had on a wetsuit so I came out ok . I have the utmost respect for them all now . Doesn't mean I don't fish them , I'm just a little more careful now . Wear korkers . 

Misery loves company and here I thought I was the only shmuck to take a fall.

Be safe out there gents and  condolences to our recent brother who fell if anyone happens to know him via 3 degrees of separation.