evan1

Freshwater opportunities closeish to Portland

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I'm not completely done with stripers yet, but I'm thinking of how I'm gonna get my fix once they're gone. Anyone have any freshwater rivers or lakes they've done well at that aren't too far from Portland? 

Harbor pollock should stick around the rocks at least until Thanksgiving or later depending on the weather.  Fun on light tackle and good eating too.  On the freshwater side the best resource we have nearby is Sebago.  Togue jigging is a blast from the kayak or through the ice, and it’s open season on them year round.  Other than that, most ponds hold bass, and there are a lot of fall trout stockings that you can take advantage of, check the ifw stocking reports.  

Edited by TwoLightsKid

Check out Little River in Gorham, decent river to bounce around and catch trout. I hear there’s some nice salmon in Dundee Pond as well or, as TLK mentioned Sebago Lake is always a decent bet for togue, bass, salmon and, from what I’m told any way, maybe a Pike or two 

Edited by OOB Fisherman

15 hours ago, TwoLightsKid said:

Harbor pollock should stick around the rocks at least until Thanksgiving or later depending on the weather.  Fun on light tackle and good eating too.  On the freshwater side the best resource we have nearby is Sebago.  Togue jigging is a blast from the kayak or through the ice, and it’s open season on them year round.  Other than that, most ponds hold bass, and there are a lot of fall trout stockings that you can take advantage of, check the ifw stocking reports.  

If you're willing to share some productive pollock spots I would love to try and do that this fall!