Steve in Mass

Pat Cipollone's Letter

Rate this topic

109 posts in this topic

Was this discussed and I missed the thread? Or has it just been ignored?

It was well written and pretty much lays out a bullet proof case..............

Edited by Steve in Mass

58 mins ago, Steve in Mass said:

Post the letter...I didn't see it.

1 hour ago, Steve in Mass said:

What letter?

10 hours ago, Gotcow? said:

What letter?

Letter to madame Nancy, schiffless, and other committee folks explaining why their witch hunt does not constitute sufficient reason for WH compliance in the theater production. 

Edited by Rickman

Just now, Rickman said:

Letter to madame Nancy, schiffless, and other committee folks explaining way their witch hunt does not constitute sufficient reason for WH compliance in the theater production. 

Nobody ain't got no time be to be readin' dat 

38 mins ago, patchyfog said:

The content is short on legal and big on PR talking points.

Nice summary. 

Except what is says it not the the WH will obstruct the inquiry no matter what, the current Media and Dem narrative. 

It says that there are traditions, Constitutional priorities, rule of law, investigative processes and this funny thing called co-equal branches of government. 

It says, we will not cooperate with your unofficial “inquiry” but would cooperate with an official and traditional House investigation, with a traditional Special Committee, just as soon as you authorize such. 

That’s what is says, in a nutshell. 

19 mins ago, tomkaz said:

Nice summary. 

Except what is says it not the the WH will obstruct the inquiry no matter what, the current Media and Dem narrative. 

It says that there are traditions, Constitutional priorities, rule of law, investigative processes and this funny thing called co-equal branches of government. 

It says, we will not cooperate with your unofficial “inquiry” but would cooperate with an official and traditional House investigation, with a traditional Special Committee, just as soon as you authorize such. 

That’s what is says, in a nutshell. 

There's some truth in the letter. It can't be denied that the Dems are keeping a tight fist on the inquiry. As far as that goes, don't look at me, I've got nothing to do with their strategery. 

The talking point parts are what you've repeated above...Constitution, rule of law, tradition even...that's not a legal argument. Or maybe you can provide quotes and legal citations? That stuff is what the admin has been saying in public for the last week or so. That's their strategy. It hasn't focused on the summary of the call. Have you noticed that?

Edited by patchyfog

56 mins ago, patchyfog said:

The content is short on legal and big on PR talking points.

Yep. However, I do see the argument in the central premise of there not being a vote on an impeachment inquiry. However, it's not clear that one is necessary nor is the President entitled to defend himself against the House impeaching as that what the Senate trial is for. As usual, Lawfare did a great job breaking this down:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/must-house-vote-authorize-impeachment-inquiry