Alferd Packer

Living in the dark tonight?

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

Ok, so who’s been blacked out by PG&E?

My power was turned off at midnight last night in advance of “high winds”. So far, no wind. In addition, the lights are on two blocks from my house while I’m sitting here in the dark. I don’t know if I should feel picked on, or if I should be thankful that all the stores and restaurants are open. Ok, maybe a bit of both.

Any stories? Anybody charging  their phone in their car while reading this?

Lights off in the Santa Cruz Mt's  Bonny Doon, Felton, Corralitos and down into parts of Coastal Santa Cruz and Sea Cliff. I got my power though down in Pleasure Point area/Capitola Good luck

Lee

17 mins ago, Kml said:

I am headed to Mill Valley on Monday the 14th

Not sure if I should be concerned about the power just yet.

That’s where I am. The “weather event” seems to have come and gone so I’m hoping they turn the power on sometime today. Otherwise it would depend on what side of the valley you’re on.

3 hours ago, Alferd Packer said:

That’s where I am. The “weather event” seems to have come and gone so I’m hoping they turn the power on sometime today. Otherwise it would depend on what side of the valley you’re on.

Thank you.

We are staying at a place on the Panoramic Highway in Mill Valley. 

I know that they don't have power this morning but we aren't going to be there until Monday. 

I will remain optimistic. 

27 mins ago, Kml said:

Thank you.

We are staying at a place on the Panoramic Highway in Mill Valley. 

I know that they don't have power this morning but we aren't going to be there until Monday. 

I will remain optimistic. 

You should be good. Fingers crossed!

11 hours ago, Double_D said:

I'm always prepared if something like happens.

Tube of lube & some lit candles...DD is always prepared for anything, after all he was a boy scout.

BigGayALscout.png

We lost power 11pm the 9th and got it back around 7pm the 10th. Fired up the generator to keep fridges/freezers, running never saw the wind that was predicted in Felton. The main drag in scotts valley along mount hermon rd never lost power. 

On 10/10/2019 at 9:52 AM, Alferd Packer said:

You should be good. Fingers crossed!

Beautiful patch of country you have up here. My wife is in awe of the scenery. I am still on eastern time so I didn’t even feel the rumble last night that I heard about this morning. 

I was in Aptos Thursday morning before dawn for some AM surf fishing.  It was dark, dark, DARK on the drive in.  I know it was a hassle for those in their homes, some throwing out food or unable to charge their Leafs and Teslas, but it was pretty glorious to enjoy that darkness while I suited up behind the station wagon.

2 hours ago, Kml said:

Beautiful patch of country you have up here. My wife is in awe of the scenery. I am still on eastern time so I didn’t even feel the rumble last night that I heard about this morning. 

Glad you made it! Have a great time and don’t hesitate to pm me if you have any questions. 

3 hours ago, Alferd Packer said:

Glad you made it! Have a great time and don’t hesitate to pm me if you have any questions. 

We spent most of he day today wandering around Point Reyes. 

We saw deer, coyote, Elk, seals, sea lions and a bunch of birds.

Fun day. The road over the hill I don’t look forward to.

I’m not sure sure there is a 50 foot straight piece on that whole trip.